USMNT soccer team thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Pulisic is so good.
He finished again.
2-0 USA

He is probably our only world class offensive player. I do think Brooks and Cameron are solid CBs.

Whats up with Chandler, is that dude ever not hurt.

Brooks is getting better every year and Cameron has his warts but atleast he's seen plenty of great offensive players week in and week out at Stoke. I'd rather have these two than just about any of our other CB options.

He was a favorite of Klinsmann and his German team wanted him off international duty.

Arena doesn't like him and your right he does get hurt.

Thanks. Appreciate the updates, hard to keep up what happened to all these guys. Do u know what the status is of that dude from Iceland who a lot of people were high on a few years ago?

Thanks. Appreciate the updates, hard to keep up what happened to all these guys. Do u know what the status is of that dude from Iceland who a lot of people were high on a few years ago?
Spent this year at Werder Bremen who got relegated and didn't play much at all because of injury. Basically a completely lost season for him and he's pretty far off the USMNT radar right now. Much better chance at Julian Green getting a look again soon now that he's back in the Bundesliga with Stuttgart.

Spent this year at Werder Bremen who got relegated and didn't play much at all because of injury. Basically a completely lost season for him and he's pretty far off the USMNT radar right now. Much better chance at Julian Green getting a look again soon now that he's back in the Bundesliga with Stuttgart.

Thanks. I Remember these guys when they first get on the radar but its hard to track them when there not playing. Remember that there was a good amount of hype when he chose the US over Iceland. Hope he can put it together again.

Yeah he plays for Werder Breman in Germany.
He isn't playing that much for them as he had major knee surgery so he hasn't been called up.

Thanks. Scary that we dont have any elite scorers ib the pipeline with Dempsey in the later half of his career and Donovan obvioulsly already retired

We have some guys coming through but they are around Pulisic age and just didn't break through as early as him. We basically lost a generation of attacking talent for some reason. No one panned out

Haji Wright and Mckennie at Shalke. Sargent and Carleton for the U20s. Altidore and Wood have some years left in them. Perez at Fiorentina. Possibly Morris when needed, but needs to improve.

Much better second half. Anyone see Dempsey heated with Bruce? Needless to say he didn't play well IMO.

Should be interesting to see what Bruce throws out there at the Azteca, he said the lineup would be much different

Much better second half. Anyone see Dempsey heated with Bruce? Needless to say he didn't play well IMO.

Should be interesting to see what Bruce throws out there at the Azteca, he said the lineup would be much different

It was my trivia night at the bar so I wasn't all in... what happened?

It was my trivia night at the bar so I wasn't all in... what happened?

Bruce subbed him at the 60 and Dempsey was clearly upset and had some words for Bruce when coming off. I think Dempsey knew he'd have a good shot to break the record if he played the game out.

As far as play, just a better flow and pressure from the US. And of course the wonder kid coming through with two very nice finishes. Jozy with a nice flick to him and Nagbe and Yedlin with some combination leading to a goal.

Another thought Nagbe played a really good game I thought. He holds the ball too long sometimes but he really made things happen getting the ball forward, and is one of the few like Pulisic that can beat guys off the dribble. He also worked hard getting back on defense dispossession the opposition a few times.

USA is in good position for 3rd place atleast now.

If we beat Costa Rica and Panama at home.
Plus find 3 points from @ Mexico, @ Honduras , @ Trinidad and Tobago we should be fine at 16 points to make it.

We need Panama-Costa Rica to be a draw or CR win.

Mexico isn't losing to Honduras at home.

Bremen finished eighth. Top of the table, closer to Europa than relegation .

He started well, missed some opportunities, then got hurt and didn't play. Rumors of him coming to MLS,.

Pulisic is obviously the story, but Nagbe, Cameron, and Acosta as a sub all stood out to me.

Bedoya is reaching that point where I don't think I care if I ever see him in a US shirt again. He obviously isn't the same player since he left France.

Bremen finished eighth. Top of the table, closer to Europa than relegation .

He started well, missed some opportunities, then got hurt and didn't play. Rumors of him coming to MLS,.
Good call. Got Werder and Wolfsburg mixed in my head. Still too bad he didn't make a bigger impact but a lot of good young American talent in, in my opinion, the most fun league to watch week in and week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.