Utah coach at NCAA’s | Syracusefan.com

Utah coach at NCAA’s

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Speaks of horrific experience of racism directed towards them.

Speaks of horrific experience of racism directed towards them.
Hmmmm. I’ve stayed in cour D’alene several times. The resort hotel on the lake is amazing. Cute town. This ain’t north Idaho Wonder why no pictures or video given several incidents and a very large traveling party

Seems odd to me. Would like to know what was said or done.

Hmmmm. I’ve stayed in cour D’alene several times. The resort hotel on the lake is amazing. Cute town. This ain’t north Idaho Wonder why no pictures or video given several incidents and a very large traveling party
are you suggesting that it didn't happen? thus the reference to pictures and videos? Racism and hate is real. in 2024, you should not have to fear for your safety while playing basketball and representing your school.

Last edited:
are you suggesting that it didn't happen? thus the reference to pictures and videos? Racism and hate is real. in 2024, you should not have to fear for your safety while playing basketball and representing your school.

Two things could be simultaneously true - you shouldn’t have to fear for your safety playing basketball, AND this didn’t happen. While it’s overwhelming likely this occurred, there’s been plenty of proven false incidents of racism over the last several year to expect everyone immediately believes reports. Ultimately this is just another step in our transition from a high trust to a low trust civilization - don’t expect that it’s going to change for the better. In fact, you should expect it to get much worse over the next decade - enjoy the decline (and likely, the collapse) of the USA!

Two things could be simultaneously true - you shouldn’t have to fear for your safety playing basketball, AND this didn’t happen. While it’s overwhelming likely this occurred, there’s been plenty of proven false incidents of racism over the last several year to expect everyone immediately believes reports. Ultimately this is just another step in our transition from a high trust to a low trust civilization - don’t expect that it’s going to change for the better. In fact, you should expect it to get much worse over the next decade - enjoy the decline (and likely, the collapse) of the USA!
The false incidents usually involve a single (non?) victim--Duke lacrosse, the Sharpton/Bronx story.

This one concerned all the members of the Utah traveling party--perhaps 30 individuals. Did they all lie?

Adopted home of Mark Furman. Now folks know why.

Unfortunately a similar thing happened to my son’s teammate and his mother in Elkview, WV during youth soccer state cup. It was reported and the town hotel in that town is no longer on the list of hotels. A huge loss for them. Always “tough guys” in a vehicle so they can drive away.
The sad/funny thing is prior to that incident, when we had arrived at the hotel, my son’s teammate said to me: I’m scared. I asked why? He said I’m black and I’m in West Virginia. It was meant to be funny, but wound up being true.

IMG_1388.jpeg

To say culture is not really accurate, imo. There are individuals, or small groups, of idiots, to be sure, and there always will be, but I don’t think, by and large, that it is pervasive as a culture. There will alway be tribalism, as a species, because people tend to want to be with similar people, but that doesn’t equal racism, in my mind.

police identified several audio recordings where racial slurs were clearly identifiable. And 35 hours of video that corroborates what was reported

wHy N0 v!d3o or piX th0?