UTICA SIGN PEARL 1964-2016 | Syracusefan.com

UTICA SIGN PEARL 1964-2016

That's cool. I wonder how long it's going to stay up. I'm not scheduled to visit my parents until August. I doubt it will still be up.

That was on an electronic Billboard on 81S in Syracuse as well.

Utica is great area for Cuse fans...love to see the school reach out and play a preseason exhibition at Utica War Memorial.

They used to do this. Not at the Aud, but in smaller gyms (Proctor maybe...can't remember). Saw Raf, Sonny...etc, etc.

44cuse

Josh Wright really dropped the ball, could have been a local hero.

They used to do this. Not at the Aud, but in smaller gyms (Proctor maybe...can't remember). Saw Raf, Sonny...etc, etc.

44cuse

New Hartford I believe.

Utica Aud. Have a couple 18x26 posters of Syracuse Basketball Comes to Utica. Sherm and DC are pictured on one. Utica Aud November 4 is on one. No year noted. The other is buried in my office. That year had our Stephen Thompson as the pg experiment. He hit a "3" at the buzzer to win it for his squad.. YES< I REPEAT STEVIE HIT A "3" at the buzzer. Thought that was going to be a gr8 year. I saw both games. They were at the Aud. Building is looking awesome lately due to AHL hockey. Would be nice venue for SU to revisit.

FYI...Utica's other attachment to SU is Utica College. Until about 5 years ago, it was Utica College of Syracuse University. SU degree...

How far is Utica from Syracuse??? I was coaching one of my kids in mite or squirts hockey. A parent that recently moved to the area asked how far is Syracuse??? I said about 2 beers. Half the parents laughed and agreed. The other half looked at me with the "he's coaching my kid" look...lol

Utica is a strong backer of SU. I brainwashed my kids to go there. Proud pop!!

Utica Aud. Have a couple 18x26 posters of Syracuse Basketball Comes to Utica. Sherm and DC are pictured on one. Utica Aud November 4 is on one. No year noted. The other is buried in my office. That year had our Stephen Thompson as the pg experiment. He hit a "3" at the buzzer to win it for his squad.. YES< I REPEAT STEVIE HIT A "3" at the buzzer. Thought that was going to be a gr8 year. I saw both games. They were at the Aud. Building is looking awesome lately due to AHL hockey. Would be nice venue for SU to revisit.

FYI...Utica's other attachment to SU is Utica College. Until about 5 years ago, it was Utica College of Syracuse University. SU degree...

How far is Utica from Syracuse??? I was coaching one of my kids in mite or squirts hockey. A parent that recently moved to the area asked how far is Syracuse??? I said about 2 beers. Half the parents laughed and agreed. The other half looked at me with the "he's coaching my kid" look...lol

Utica is a strong backer of SU. I brainwashed my kids to go there. Proud pop!!
Yep, I remember going to those games. I remember JB and Dave Johnson walking in to the building right next to me, I hadn't realized JB was so tall.

There were some exhibition games against Utica College for a while, back when Utica College was making a run at being a Division 1 school. They should have stuck with it:

http://www.orangehoops.org/CompetitorResults/Utica.htm

For some reason I thought at least a couple of these were played on the Utica College campus.

I remember there was a charity exhibition game at New Hartford High School's gym and I stood in line after the game to get Santifer's autograph.

One of the best free throw shooters in the NBA, Larry Costello was the head coach during their short Div 1 run. I went to one of the basketball camps in the early 80's and he had Oscar Robertson as the special guest. Costello blindfolded himself and hit 8 of 10 from the free throw line. Crazy.