UVA opens as an 8.5 point fave... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UVA opens as an 8.5 point fave...

I get that.

But I think when people hear William & Mary, they think cupcake.

Far from it.
Here's a transitive comparison that doesn't require going back to last season:
2 weeks ago Delaware beat William & Mary 24-23.
This weekend Delaware got shut out by Rhode Island 20-0 (who we throttled 47-0).
It just goes to show that college football is an unpredictable game.
Anything can happen next week. It all depends on which team shows up in Charlottesville.

The smart money knows how limited this team is. If you have a defense that makes every qb look like a combination of Dan Marino and Michael Vick and a freshman qb operating behind an O-line whose performance is uneven at best you can reasonably argue that UVA should be favored by over a touchdown... It is almost impossible to believe just how inept this secondary is- except we keep seeing it week after week.

This line is absurd. If UVA is an 8.5 point favorite we suck as a football team. I mean that is insane. I could see them favored but if we get beat this weekend we aren't going bowling.

It's a fair line considering the way SU played vs USF and who SU has beaten this year thus far

Alsacs said:
This line is absurd. If UVA is an 8.5 point favorite we suck as a football team. I mean that is insane. I could see them favored but if we get beat this weekend we aren't going bowling.

We need a split over the next two.

I could see us being 5-6 going into the BC game.

That's true for every game on our schedule save URI. It was true two weeks ago and true today.

We can't look past anyone. But I don't think UVa can look past us either.
Totally agree. I'm sure that 8.5 will go lower during the week.

People seem to forget the only reason the LSU game was respectable was because of all the LSU penalties. Without them, it would have been worse than yesterday. Fournett would have rushed for about 325 yards. Next week will get ugly. They are a better team than SF.

Settle down dingle nuts. If junior doesn't make a bonehead late hit we have ball back in 4th with a chance to tie the game yesterday but let's not discuss that and keep working your horseshite agenda. Good lord, What is wrong with some of you people. Move on and bring on UVA and if we win next week let's not talk about 8 wins! Let's get a bowl and keep building

Vegas knows what it is doing. They underestimated the spread against SFL. I would guess more like 16 points.

cuseguy said:
I get that. But I think when people hear William & Mary, they think cupcake. Far from it.

You have to admit, that's a darn good OOC schedule. We'd probably have gone 1-3 also.

Don't forget, the W&M OC/QB coach is Kevin Rogers.

rrlbees said:
You have to admit, that's a darn good OOC schedule. We'd probably have gone 1-3 also. Don't forget, the W&M OC/QB coach is Kevin Rogers.

Well, if anyone knows where Rogers is coaching, it would be you.

Ha!

I'll be honest and although I don't like to say it and others won't like me saying it but SU will not win another game this year.

I would have guessed something like UVA -4.5 or -5.5

i doubt many people outside of the Orange bubble we live in think 8.5 is too large of a spread

Here's a transitive comparison that doesn't require going back to last season:
2 weeks ago Delaware beat William & Mary 24-23.
This weekend Delaware got shut out by Rhode Island 20-0 (who we throttled 47-0).
It just goes to show that college football is an unpredictable game.
Anything can happen next week. It all depends on which team shows up in Charlottesville.
Can we just reference this post whenever anyone says we should beat this team or lose to that team?

Settle down dingle nuts. If junior doesn't make a bonehead late hit we have ball back in 4th with a chance to tie the game yesterday but let's not discuss that and keep working your horseshite agenda. Good lord, What is wrong with some of you people. Move on and bring on UVA and if we win next week let's not talk about 8 wins! Let's get a bowl and keep building

I'm trying to figure out whether it was more fun reading your posts when your were falling off the ledge (a few years ago for you newbies) or now that you're trying to counsel people away from the ledge.

cuseguy said:
Well, if anyone knows where Rogers is coaching, it would be you. Ha!

Ha. He's been there a couple years. It's his alma mater and with him being in his 60's now he may have gone there to finish his career.

Based on our defensive performance yesterday, Vegas doesn't think we're very good.
Took the words right outta my mouth. Vegas has it together more than some of our kool-aid drinkers. Hope we can pull it off.

I'm trying to figure out whether it was more fun reading your posts when your were falling off the ledge (a few years ago for you newbies) or now that you're trying to counsel people away from the ledge.

Haven't been on a ledge since the epic marrone meltdown in 2011. I'm beat down by all of it, just can't get that fired up about it anymore. Team to me has always been 5-7 wins, still think that is the mark. The problem really is we are just praying to tread water this year after such a bad year last year. When will we believe that we can actually win 8-9 games. Hopefully next couple years if Dungey continues to progress.

And like I said I really like shafer want to see him stay and succeed but we need to get to a point where we are favored to win games like this week and last. I think we can win the next 2

Orangello said:
So did the USF line. Vegas knows a thing or two.

They know how to get $ moving.

you think?

Take the points. You're not going to see another performance like that this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom