UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State

good post. Also, there is no way that Dino allows this kid to come here if Shrader comes back. I'm sure that they already know what Shrader is going to do.
Yeah, they do

Better than a top 10 rated guy? Imagine the guy with a really good line and more than one receiver. He really showed he could play at this level, which really surprised me.
He should go to nd

JFC Sam Hartman has eligibility left?

I can’t waive goodbye fast enough. Single biggest factor in WF’s competitiveness. He can have the ol’ one finger salute on the way out the door.
He will be at wake next year

He will be at wake next year

cc9606c4-cd5c-49d1-aa79-afaadcf5e140_text.gif

Yes, something along those lines could happen.

If Bronco does not get a HC gig, I could see Greg Schiano, who made Rutgers the worst offensive team in the the country, try to fix his issues in one fell swoop by taking Armstrong on and trying to hire Anae and/or Beck away.

Don't think they have the money, don't think Anae and Beck are that foolish and I don't think Armstrong is stupid enough either. But I could see Schiano, who has to be desperate now, making a hard play here to try and save his job.
I would seriously question the intelligence of any seasoned offensive coach going to work under Greg Schiano.

I checked one of the ND boards. Their fans are debating whether to take Armstrong or Sam Hartman, who isn’t even in the portal. Very arrogant.

That said, it wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world for Sam to transfer to ND for his final season. I think we Syracuse fans have seen enough of him so far to last 2 lifetimes.
I heard whispers that Hartman may stay in college and play for a contender. Leary is the other guy that might transfer. Armstrong is not coming to SU

Wow.

Maybe sit the rest of this thread out.
I’ll admit all I remember is he threw for 10,000 yards before beck left him. And he didn’t show much in our game at the dome.

I’ll trust that it was a small sample size.

Shrader was sacked at a higher rate this year. So if Armstrong needs a good OL, he won't work here.
That’s kind of what I was feeling out. He doesn’t strike me as an RPO guy.

The guy needs to have his dirty hands on everything. Screws up the whole team. He can’t help it.
Exactly. I don't think it's worth the headache and reputation risk to go through that, even for a one year paycheck. Once you're out of there, you have to go back to a position coach and re- establish yourself to get back to where you were before going there.
Schiano puts the stink of death on offenses.

Hartman is never going to have a better set up, a system qb where the system was built for him.

Leary is just another dude
I can understand why he might consider a high profile team. There is risk to it but theres also a reward as well. Plus if he enjoys playing college ball. Why not? He could be anywhere from Case Keenum to a Derek Carr in the NFL.

Yes he was. I don't blame him for getting out of UVa. It must have been a nightmare year for him in many ways.

If Bronco gets a HC job somewhere, look for Armstrong to surface there. I doubt we would take him but with the pre-existing relationship, it could happen. It would all come down to whether the staff thought Armstrong was an upgrade over Shrader.

My guess is no but stranger things have happened.
You could sense his frustration with the UVA offensive scheme during our game in the Dome.

DJU is gonna be in the portal soon too and rumors say he's heading back to California. Maybe UCLA

I’m more concerned about Bronco Armstrong and one of our tandem being reunited somewhere.

My thoughts exactly. I hope they young one stays.

LOL. Sure we do. We’ve had the “deepest QB room we’ve had in YEARS” for going on 2 decades now.

Armstrong is better than anyone we have by a mile.

How many times HAVE you fallen off your chair since the Cecil the Diesel move? My secretary finally got me a bean bag chair to prevent injuries.

Makes a lot of sense, and would be a clear upgrade for them.

They've used portal transfers as starting QBs 2 out of the last 3 years, as well.
I can only think of one, Jack Coan last year.

In 2020, Ian Book was the starting QB.

This year, it was Tyler Buchner (until hurt) and Drew Pyne. Both were recruited by ND out of high school.