UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State

"Going into next year, it’s changing the way we want to recruit."

What does that mean? They are going to recruit pocket passers only? They are going to recruit Tim Tebows only? They are going to recruit body parts in the black market instead of actual players?

"Going into next year, it’s changing the way we want to recruit."

What does that mean? They are going to recruit pocket passers only? They are going to recruit Tim Tebows only? They are going to recruit body parts in the black market instead of actual players?
I would assume it refers to recruiting the OL position. How specifically that changes the OL recruiting though not sure.

Technically, if Shrader declares for the draft, he will have finished his college career at SU. But it sounds like he intends on returning.

Technically, if Shrader declares for the draft, he will have finished his college career at SU. But it sounds like he intends on returning.
Based on Babers' and Sharader's quotes it sounds like there was a bit of a discussion on considering his options. However, it seems pretty definitive he will be back and the program is better for it

Based on Babers' and Sharader's quotes it sounds like there was a bit of a discussion on considering his options. However, it seems pretty definitive he will be back and the program is better for it

Options….. and….. I will/want to stay for another year but the OL needs to be addressed in the very least. That’s the “he said some things part”. If he feels like his concerns are being addressed he’s back.

I would guess he means recruiting immediate help for the OL.
As if that wasn’t a priority before? Were they not trying hard enough? I don’t get it. Or maybe it means they need to find boosters who will step up in NIL to lure some good lineman?

What's with SU QB options and "As of right now"? Would really help if the starting QB is all in and wouldn't mind Dino telling him to let us know either way so we can bring in Armstrong if he's not.

Options….. and….. I will/want to stay for another year but the OL needs to be addressed in the very least. That’s the “he said some things part”. If he feels like his concerns are being addressed he’s back.
IMO the fact that it came to this and we are scrambling for OL bodies suggests our whole OL recruiting and development process has serious problems and should be evaluated offseason. Plus an honest evaluation of the roster as it exists today.

IMO the fact that it came to this and we are scrambling for OL bodies suggests our whole OL recruiting and development process has serious problems and should be evaluated offseason. Plus an honest evaluation of the roster as it exists today.
I don’t think it came to this. They have been trying to more heavily recruit for the OL since 2019.

I would assume it refers to recruiting the OL position. How specifically that changes the OL recruiting though not sure.
Probably a pretty good guess

I checked one of the ND boards. Their fans are debating whether to take Armstrong or Sam Hartman, who isn’t even in the portal. Very arrogant.

That said, it wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world for Sam to transfer to ND for his final season. I think we Syracuse fans have seen enough of him so far to last 2 lifetimes.
I think he still has 5 years left.

Perhaps, but once again the OL stunk. SU desperately needs to figure out how to fix it, or they're going to keep getting their QBs killed.
We have not ever really been very consistent recruiting and developing offensive lineman at Syracuse. This years group underperformed a bit considering it was almost essentially the exact same crew as last year. But its hard to say Shraders injuries were completely on the OL. Did Sharder get banged up more in the passing game or running it? Part of it is just the inherent risk you take using an RPO QB. Now did we run him more than we should have because they couldn't run block as well as last year and opposing Defenses shut down Tucker more because of it...i'd say yes. I think next year our WR options will be better which should help. I'm sure the staff knew the 2023 OL roster would be somewhat of an issue last year but if you are then going to try to improve it via portal transfer or Juco you do it the year you need it. The good players are not going to transfer in a year before they are needed. Hopefully we can get a couple nice pieces via this route this year. Hopefully Bleich is healthier than next year.

What's with SU QB options and "As of right now"? Would really help if the starting QB is all in and wouldn't mind Dino telling him to let us know either way so we can bring in Armstrong if he's not.
That... The "As of right now" sounds an awful lot like he answered the question per his status on Dec. 5. Left a bit of grey area in my mind. Agree, not necessarily something you want from your QB1.

That... The "As of right now" sounds an awful lot like he answered the question per his status on Dec. 5. Left a bit of grey area in my mind. Agree, not necessarily something you want from your QB1.
Wonder what Shrader would say if Anae/Beck said, "As of right now, I'm bringing in Brennan Armstrong".

Wonder what Shrader would say if Anae/Beck said, "As of right now, I'm bringing in Brennan Armstrong".
I think it's obvious that he was referring to possible changes in his draft ranking/status. In fact, he said flat out that he would be completing his eligibility at SU which should end any talk of him entering the portal.

How do you know he didnt say that because he doesnt know if the coaches want him back?

He said he’s not transferring. Leaves the door open for declaring I guess

I think it's obvious that he was referring to possible changes in his draft ranking/status. In fact, he said flat out that he would be completing his eligibility at SU which should end any talk of him entering the portal.
He is obviously coming back , Nothing is 100% in todays world but I would put it at 95% plus , and that’s about as good as it gets until Spring practice starts.