VATech (VPI): Virtues and shortcomings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

VATech (VPI): Virtues and shortcomings

CuseCactus said:
Milerock - I was teasing about Clemsoning. Wish Syracuse was at your level. The win over OSU was epic. Think a win at Georgia is in the cards?

If learned one thing about Clemson fans last year, we learned they don't take teasing all that well. Very serious bunch.

I give us a 40-60 chance vs. the bulldogs. The key is can we stop their running game and can we take care of the ball.
We do both pretty well I think we win.

famu_crop_north.jpg

Virginia-Tech-concept-Alternate-Uniforms.jpg

Some say Florida Atlantic has the worst color combination in college football but I think the orange and maroon of the Hokies is worst. It looks like sumac poop.

OK, I am going to stop complaining about our unis. What is that VT, a warning label? - Virginia Trichinosis from eating raw hokies. Ugly.

I just read RutgersAl's post. I have to give credit where it is due. I don't know of any Hokie fans that are that deranged.

I just read RutgersAl's post. I have to give credit where it is due. I don't know of any Hokie fans that are that deranged.
Rutgers is caffeine free version of Virginia Tech. As calling Rutgers Diet Virginia Tech is an insult of epic proportions to VPI.

Commonwealth Clash Adds to Historic Rivalry Between UVa and Virginia Tech

Charlottesville, Va. - The longstanding rivalry between Virginia and Virginia Tech is getting a new name-- the Commonwealth Clash presented by Virginia529. Building on a tradition started when the two schools first competed against each other in a football game in 1895, the Commonwealth Clash is a head-to-head, points-based competition between the athletic teams of the Hoos and Hokies.

The competition will include the 21 sports in which the two schools compete against each other, plus one fan-decided point.

At the end of each school year, the institution with the most points will be crowned the champion of the Commonwealth Clash.

Bv5NGBRIgAA3XGf.jpg
We have repeatedly smashed them year after year in this. In one of the interim years when the results weren't officially announced (although both sides kept track of Hoo would have won), they came within 3 points of us and they were dancing around the parade ground.