VCU out due to covid | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

VCU out due to covid

And then possibly infect the Oregon kids with kids from VCU who have yet to test positive but soon will... and the winner of that game infects the next team it plays... or that game has to get delayed.
The right thing to do was to eliminate the one team to avoid a spread. And this was not just for health reasons, but to keep the competition somewhat relevant overall. Only choice they had now that they started -- let's hope this stays isolated to only VCU.

Actually they had a much better choice but were too greedy to do it. They should have quarantined all the kids for at least 7 days in Indiana, and either cancelled conference tournaments or had them one week earlier. That is how you properly establish a bubble like the NHL and NBA did.

Point is time to get back to normal. I'm pro team here. If this God forbid was us JB would not just let them pull us from the tournament.

then it’s useless for the ncaa to say you can play with 5.
It is. In this environment it’s impossible to make hard rules like that and then follow them. Every situation is going to be different and needs to be handled that way.

But the reality is that the ncaa had to put some kind of rule out there, or the media would have killed them for making it up as they go. While making it up as we go is what all of us have been doing for a year now.

Point is time to get back to normal. I'm pro team here. If this God forbid was us JB would not just let them pull us from the tournament.

If you bench the 3 guys who tested positive, and everyone else on the team they were in contact with, who's left?

Two walk ons and a manager?

Doesn't meet the 5 player minimum.

Adults talking here.

1616291966967.jpeg

LOL

They had them on Standby until Tuesday. Why Louisville wasn't on standby until noon today is really confusing. But as I said above, very NCAA.

Really they could have had the game cancelled today, and had Oregon ready to play Louisville tomorrow. Then that winner could have played their game on Tuesday evening. But nope - NCAA knows their stuff.

who knows if louisville is able to play at this point though, duke has 7 players test positive and you would have to have louisville testing like other teams

dont really have a choice... ncaa is working basically for the health department in this tourney so what they say goes. its like a job if the person who is normally in charge goes on vacation, you still have to follow orders by the person in charge

the time right now is follow protocols in place so we can start to return to normal in summer and open things as they are progressing thru the vaccines

Sorry but that was not your point. Your point was let the others play and just keep on moving. That makes no sense from a quality of competition perspective. My reply to you as stated, had nothing to do with "health" but purely keeping the competition moving forward with as little players missing as possible. (As an aside health should matter, but in making an argument with the Runner you have to work at the same level as him)

You let VCU play, then Oregon players get it and then it gets passed on through the second round and possibly 3rd round. That is a worse scenario (from a competition perspective), then simply cutting VCU.

cdc says avg time between exposure and testing positive is around 5 or 6 days though
Averages are made up of extremes. The CDC also said that the gap can be as much as 14 days, at the extreme.

Could not imagine having to forfeit because of Covid. It would be the worst loss anyone could ever have. Especially if this happened in the later rounds.

Averages are made up of extremes. The CDC also said that the gap can be as much as 14 days, at the extreme.
yes probably an outlier but true. Most are in the clear if you havent shown symptoms at 10 days and can exit quarantine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom