Verbal Commits Orange Page Doesn't Look Right | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Verbal Commits Orange Page Doesn't Look Right

It's all good. Verbal Commits, fishing, barbecue wings, and tee going camping! My God, what more could you want in a thread.
Well, thanks Dave, that about sums up my life. Camping, this board, fishing and wings. Oh wait....motorcycles, boats and women. (The order varied at different stages of life). I think WORK was in there somewhere.

Well, thanks Dave, that about sums up my life. Camping, this board, fishing and wings. Oh wait...motorcycles, boats and women. (The order varied at different stages of life). I think WORK was in there somewhere.

Other than that last one it seems like you have chosen your priorities well.

Hey tee!! Have fun camping.

As I told you all, I've been doing a lot of fishing to occupy my mind in absence of Orange basketball. Here's a 5 pound Pike I caught at Spruce Run Reservoir. I know you up state folks probably catch Pike that would eat my Pike for bait. But for New Jersey, this is a pretty good fish:

View attachment 101061

And then about hour later I caught a 4 pound one. The cool thing about this one is it has the very rare once-in-a-lifetime markings known as a "Striped Northern Pike":

View attachment 101062

I showed someone who fishes the lake all the time and I thought the guy was going to die he was so mad at me. He said he's been trying to catch a striped pike his whole life. It was like my 2nd time to the lake.
That's a hard one with the stripes, but I have to go with Pike on that one. From what I know Pickerel don't have markings on their fins and are skinny small fish. Can't see the jaw line, but Pike's extend past the eyeball. But if you saw it suspended just below the surface motionless, before you caught it, I'd go Pickerel. Good work Dave.

It's all good. Verbal Commits, fishing, barbecue wings, and tee going camping! My God, what more could you want in a thread.
Btw you killed it with those fish and same for jordoo, and wouldn't expect any less from his BBQ and your fishing. On Point. As always.

North South Lake was phenomenal. As for wildlife, my buddy's kid caught an 18" pike and a few sunnies at least. Some folk we met one day just bought a piglet and had her on the beach. Squealing about and getting a ton of attention but was aloof and tried to run away from his new parents. We all got a cheap shot "pet" in as it squealed a little more.;) My son and I found a crawfish in Kaaterskill Falls. Raccoon destroyed my sitemate's cooler filled with beef. I kept cooler in trunk most time, but we cleared the raccoon mess by about 15 minutes. Son thought he heard bear growling.

Lake was great but the falls were sick. We hiked to where you can wade in swimming holes a few levels up the falls. Of course in freezing water I was the only person to dunk head and fully in swim in 3 1/2 feet. Got close enough to touch the falls. Me and bunch of kids went swimming on lake and again, first clown to dunk head, but then they all did it.

Weather was perfect despite reports. Some rain but off a cool breeze so that's a pleasure camping usually. No thunder nor lightning and that was supposed to be all of yesterday.

One of the best if not best NYS state park camping and been to at least three right in that area of the Catskills.

Also, I could swear if he wanted it, my son was a hair away from scoring digits from an 11 year old. (He's 10). Made a really nice friend.

Hello! Little late here. I sent out a tweet about it on the VC main account, but the charts moved over prematurely for a day. Should be fixed now. Sorry about that, folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom