Video Game Hall of Fame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Video Game Hall of Fame

Goldeneye made me think...

Golden Tee, maybe?

Also, it won't get into any video game hall of fame for ages, but I'll say that Fallout: New Vegas should get in at some point because it's the best game I've ever played. So much fun, you guys. So much fun.

Goldeneye made me think...

Golden Tee, maybe?

Also, it won't get into any video game hall of fame for ages, but I'll say that Fallout: New Vegas should get in at some point because it's the best game I've ever played. So much fun, you guys. So much fun.

The Fallout series is awesome. Assassins Creed 2 deserves a nod as well.

Half Life 2 (PC in 2004) - awesome gameplay, environment, physics, etc. Numerous Game of the Decade awards. The 1st game I'd use to refute Roger Ebert's contention that video games could never be considered as art.

Mario Kart(SNES)
Street Fighter 2(Arcade)
Final Fight (Arcade/SNES)
Smash Bros(Wii)
Castlevania(NES/SNES)
Sonic(Genius)

Are some other HOF video games.

I've been trying to think of games that blew me away the first time I played them in the Arcade.

Punch Out (so visually appealing; the NES Mike Tyson version was classic as well)

Rampage (probably not the first, but one of the first I remember with three simultaneous players)

ImperialOrange said:
Curious how they'll rank Super Mario 2 since the US market got a retread of Doki Doki Panic because Nintendo thought the actual Mario 2 was too hard for Americans. If you've ever played the actual Mario 2, you'll know they were probably right.
I remember being annoyed that it wasn't called "Mario Brothers 3", since "Super Mario..." was really a sequel to the original "Mario Brothers."

Alsacs said:
14. TMNT: The Arcade game(SNES and Arcade)
It blew me away the first time I played it in the arcade. The Michael Jackson "Moonwalker" game came out around the same time and was similarly awesome.

I've been trying to think of games that blew me away the first time I played them in the Arcade.

Punch Out (so visually appealing; the NES Mike Tyson version was classic as well)

Rampage (probably not the first, but one of the first I remember with three simultaneous players)
I loved the Arcade version of Punchout and hated they had to change Vodkaiski to Soda Popiski. That guy was fun to beat.

As far as sports games go, NBA Jam (arcade version) absolutely has to be on the list.

Gauntlet and Tecmo Bowl are second-tier candidates for the HOF. Maybe the veterans committee can put them in years later.

Baseball Stars for NES! It's also second tier, but I have never played a baseball title more.
I liked Bases Loaded more than Baseball Stars.
The NCAA FOOTBALL series is a HOF game.
X-Men in the Arcade was awesome

As a kid who grew up in the arcade these would make my top 10 just because for so many of us they were our first love. It is funny how many are getting ripped off by phone apps lately.

Dig Dug
Defender
Donkey Kong
Ms Pacman
Joust
Frogger
Centipede
Galaga
Galaxian

Any love for Doom? It was the first sophisticated first-person shooter I played; although I think Wolfenstein pre-dates it. Doom and Doom 2 dominated my dorm in my freshman year.

Any love for Doom? It was the first sophisticated first-person shooter I played; although I think Wolfenstein pre-dates it. Doom and Doom 2 dominated my dorm in my freshman year.

Doom came out in 1993, Wolfenstein 3D came out in 92. The original Castle Wolfenstein actually came out in 1981.

ImperialOrange said:
Doom came out in 1993, Wolfenstein 3D came out in 92. The original Castle Wolfenstein actually came out in 1981.
yeah, I think I would give Wolfenstein 3D credit for establishing the modern first person shooter genre.

As far as sports games go, NBA Jam (arcade version) absolutely has to be on the list.

Rubble Ribble (in some circles it's called Double Dribble)

In case anyone is interested I may in fact be the world's greatest Tetris player on the NES. I suppose I can't say it with absolute certainty, but I have to be in the 99.8739th percentile. :)

Even when the blocks start falling faster than most human eyes can process - I'm still smoking a cigarette, drinking a beer and dropping those blocks like it's LEVEL 09.

Super Mario Brothers

Super Mario Kart

Zelda

Contra

Halo

Halo 4

Madden

NCAA Football

Call of Duty

Tecmo Super Bowl

Tecmo Bowl

Blades of Steel

Just to name a few... ;)

Also, does anyone know where I could buy a NES or SNES system and their respective games? I want it as a collectible.