Villanova ticket sales? | Syracusefan.com

Villanova ticket sales?

Jamesvillecuse

2nd String
I have not seen any ticket sales numbers yet for the game does anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far?

For CNY'ers...is there a buzz about the game? IMHO I think we see an actual crowd north of 35,000.

I will say this, I'm a diehard and have been for a long time. A lot of friends in our circle do not follow nearly to the extent we do. They normally keep an eye on the box score and occasionally attend a game, more as an event or something to do rather than to consistently support the team. For reference, our circle is the younger 30-somethings.

This year, I've had many more people ask me about the team. Inquiring about who Syracuse has, how recruiting is going and the schedule. I've had at least a dozen people ask me about the opener. In years past, with a 1-AA opponent people I know wouldn't even have bothered. The buzz is up from where I stand.

I think a strong start pushes this season into another category with attendance and support. And, I think it has a lot to do with SS and how he represents the program. Is this team that much different than the 2011 version? Some younger playmakers with a strong defense sounds familiar to me. But in terms of recognition, I'd say this group gets much more.

It helps when the PS / sy racuse.com is pumping out multiple articles everyday too.

Check that - I just looked back at the 2011-2012 roster... I know there are a lot of unknown's with the younger players, but wow, IMO we've come a long way baby.

I'm using my 2 extras to bring 2 of my young sons. I also convinced Dan's uncle to buy a couple of season tickets from him. In a weird way for the casual fan, even though Nova is not a D1 team, there might be better name recognition amongst the casual fans because of hoops. Better than say CMU. Not saying that translates into any additional ticket sales. Just a thought.

Im hoping for a solid crowd, pissed off I can't make it down...however, maybe if this baby hurries up and gets out of my wifes stomach ;), we can make it down? Not likely though. My tickets will be used though.

make it loud for me! Doesn't matter if we have 100 in that dome, make it the Loudhouse again!!!!!

I hope it is north of 35 000, I think it will be. Nova sounds better than "Wagner"

was just asking a few people I know that have seasons...they all stated their freebies are gone and thy actually cld of used more. I think we will be N of 35...

I'm using my 2 extras to bring 2 of my young sons. I also convinced Dan's uncle to buy a couple of season tickets from him. In a weird way for the casual fan, even though Nova is not a D1 team, there might be better name recognition amongst the casual fans because of hoops. Better than say CMU. Not saying that translates into any additional ticket sales. Just a thought.

Someone recently asked me if Nova has also moved to the ACC. So, yeah, I think the name recognition helps.

Im hoping for a solid crowd, pissed off I can't make it down...however, maybe if this baby hurries up and gets out of my wifes stomach ;), we can make it down? Not likely though. My tickets will be used though.

make it loud for me! Doesn't matter if we have 100 in that dome, make it the Loudhouse again!!!!!

I hope it is north of 35 000, I think it will be. Nova sounds better than "Wagner"

Gosh man. Don't you know you have to plan that baby making around football season???

image.jpg
Please, please, let's do what we can to get northa 35K. Pretend it's a SU-Nova BB game, if that's what it takes!

ROLL ORANGE!

they should make some special shirts , they seem to always sell well. beat nova, duke, UL twice in the same year.

Pyle said:
my 4 free tickets have been taken. I did my part.

Mine 4 extra are taken also as well as my 4 tickets (wedding bahh).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom