Ville fans comment on Roid-Rage Boulware | Syracusefan.com

Ville fans comment on Roid-Rage Boulware

Isn't he the same guy who suplexed our player the very next play?

Scumbag.

He's a caricature of a roided out linebacker. He's not even realistic as a juiced up actor in a football movie at this point.

POS

Really?

You do recall we had a player on the hoops side named Eric Devendorf. Imagine being an opponent with that guy on Cuse.

Goodness.

Really?

You do recall we had a player on the hoops side named Eric Devendorf. Imagine being an opponent with that guy on Cuse.

Goodness.
Please remind me when Devo tried to injure players multiple times over a course of the season.

The suplex is a flag in the NFL every time. ...because it's dangerous af.

What he tried to do to Jackson was incredibly dirty.

Really?

Goodness.
You're comparing a guy who tries to intentionally hurt people, to a guy who talks smack.
gimme_a_break-show.jpg

If he's yours, you love him..if you're Lvl...you hate him.
You love cheaters? Swinney wants cheaters on his team? Watson and crew want to be associated with cheaters? Be honest, Boulware got away with a lot yesterday, all season and the people in the best position to real him in and force him to play within the rules are the Clemson staff.

I like Swinney, but allowing a cheater to step on the field in a Clemson uniform has seriously degraded my respect for what he has built there. I expect this from A Steve Spurrier team or a Jimmy Johnson team, but Swinney had some credibility as having ethics. Boulware is spending that credit fast.

Besides, players like that cause more injuries to their own team than they help. Watch what happens to Clemson players in the near future (this season and the next two). Don't be surprised if several Clemson players end their career prematurely. Character is far more important than cheating on a play.

I respect most Clemson posters but this post is out of line. Boulware should be benched for the remainder of the season by Swinney. I guarantee that every Clemson fan would be crying right now if someone Boulware'd one of your receivers.

You love cheaters? Swinney wants cheaters on his team? Watson and crew want to be associated with cheaters? Be honest, Boulware got away with a lot yesterday, all season and the people in the best position to real him in and force him to play within the rules are the Clemson staff.

I like Swinney, but allowing a cheater to step on the field in a Clemson uniform has seriously degraded my respect for what he has built there. I expect this from A Steve Spurrier team or a Jimmy Johnson team, but Swinney had some credibility as having ethics. Boulware is spending that credit fast.

Besides, players like that cause more injuries to their own team than they help. Watch what happens to Clemson players in the near future (this season and the next two). Don't be surprised if several Clemson players end their career prematurely. Character is far more important than cheating on a play.

I respect most Clemson posters but this post is out of line. Boulware should be benched for the remainder of the season by Swinney. I guarantee that every Clemson fan would be crying right now if someone Boulware'd one of your receivers.
Nobody is benching Boulware. Cmon. The dude is a pos, but neither Dabo or Dino would bench a player like that.

Nobody is benching Boulware. Cmon. The dude is a pos, but neither Dabo or Dino would bench a player like that.

Most coaches would not let him see the field if he was reckless. Honestly, the move was so foolish that Clemson and Swinney are exposed with liability, the first person that suffers a career ending injury or life threatening injury will sue and will probably win, big, very big. In spite of waivers and insurance and such, they are all predicated on playing within the rules AND limiting exposure to outside risk (that is why the rules are written as they are!). As Boulware has a history of such, Swinney and Clemson have accepted that risk and no player has waived his rights under moves NOT allowed.

I am a lawyer and have many friends that would love a case against Boulware, as close to open and shut as an attorney can get.

P.S. The ACC and NCAA might even be on the hook as they are aware of Boulware's behaviors and there is nothing official being done.

I tend to think our fans overdo these moments and often don't apply them as if it were the other way around.

Having said that, the suplex was very dangerous. He could have broken Strickland's neck, which is why Strickland and Babers were so p!ssed. He should have been ejected for it.

I fail to see how it's different than targeting. You could argue it's worse. Targeting is so bang bang, fast paced, hard to really tell there is intent sometimes. But not a play like that.

I wouldn't be impressed if one of our players did that. And then to taunt our sidelines right after he did it? Easy guy to root against. I won't be unhappy to see Clemson lose after that.

Please remind me when Devo tried to injure players multiple times over a course of the season.

The suplex is a flag in the NFL every time. ...because it's dangerous af.

What he tried to do to Jackson was incredibly dirty.

Let me be clear(er): Devo is a kid other teams hated. And in HATED. Boulware is that player for Clemson.

Didn't declare it was for the same reasons, but people hated Devo for his style after the play, Boulware for his style of play.

I tend to think our fans overdo these moments and often don't apply them as if it were the other way around.

Having said that, the suplex was very dangerous. He could have broken Strickland's neck, which is why Strickland and Babers were so p!ssed. He should have been ejected for it.

I fail to see how it's different than targeting. You could argue it's worse. Targeting is so bang bang, fast paced, hard to really tell there is intent sometimes. But not a play like that.

I wouldn't be impressed if one of our players did that. And then to taunt our sidelines right after he did it? Easy guy to root against. I won't be unhappy to see Clemson lose after that.

I would want our player removed from the field if our player pulled such a stunt. There is no excuse for players being reckless with other player's health and well being. Football is a tough sport that is risky to play. There is no call to recklessly endanger anyone beyond what they agreed which is to play football by the rules.

I agree, too many fans, maybe some on here, will justify a dangerous play. I can understand forgiving a hot moment once in a while. The clear difference being that when a player routinely makes dangerous plays, the player needs to be benched and/or dismissed.

I am all for giving people another chance; bench him, test him for PEDs and get him help. If he can be rehabilitated and can control his excessive behaviors, great, let him back on the field. If not, dismissal is appropriate.

I remember when HCSS yelled some choice words at Dabo during a game ... I was embarrassed by that. I'd be embarrassed by having Boulware represent my team on the field as well.

His intent is to harm, not to be the best at his position. This is collegiate athletics, these kids aren't getting paid, who thinks there is any justification for this behavior?

I would want our player removed from the field if our player pulled such a stunt. There is no excuse for players being reckless with other player's health and well being. Football is a tough sport that is risky to play. There is no call to recklessly endanger anyone beyond what they agreed which is to play football by the rules.

I agree, too many fans, maybe some on here, will justify a dangerous play. I can understand forgiving a hot moment once in a while. The clear difference being that when a player routinely makes dangerous plays, the player needs to be benched and/or dismissed.

I am all for giving people another chance; bench him, test him for PEDs and get him help. If he can be rehabilitated and can control his excessive behaviors, great, let him back on the field. If not, dismissal is appropriate.

I think your post goes off on a tangent a bit in that last paragraph. If a play like that (which really has no place in the game) becomes an ejection, you likely won't see it anymore.

As I said, it's different from targeting because it's not happening nearly as fast. The guy knew exactly what he was doing the whole time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom