Viral Meningitis Invades WWE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Viral Meningitis Invades WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t get better than The Rock/Mankind feud from 1998/99.
The look on the Rock’s face a couple of times was not acting, you could tell he thought Foley was absolutely crazy and that he might be dead...and then he’d start moving, roll around a bit and then come after the Rock again.

Just awesome.

The look on the Rock’s face a couple of times was not acting, you could tell he thought Foley was absolutely crazy and that he might be dead...and then he’d start moving, roll around a bit and then come after the Rock again.

Just awesome.

Has anyone watched the I quit match from royal rumble 1999 lately? That's really hard to watch now. Mick gets annihilated with chair shots

They cut away to commercial in the middle of Razor Ramon’s entrance. That was literally the only cool thing I saw all night because he probably hasn’t come out as Razor Ramon many times if at all in the last 20+ years. And he was coming out in the original Raw arena just like he used to when he was one of the major stars when Raw first started.

Why would they go to commercial there?

Also, old Shawn Michaels is just not funny at all. So cringeworthy.

People watching at a WWE event would make for an interesting time I bet.

Ummm..yeah.

The look on my 8 year old’s face...priceless.

The look on some of these adult faces...terrifying.

I’m enjoying it though, I have to say.

They cut away to commercial in the middle of Razor Ramon’s entrance. That was literally the only cool thing I saw all night because he probably hasn’t come out as Razor Ramon many times if at all in the last 20+ years. And he was coming out in the original Raw arena just like he used to when he was one of the major stars when Raw first started.

Why would they go to commercial there?

Also, old Shawn Michaels is just not funny at all. So cringeworthy.

I assume they were running short on time and had to get a commercial in. It was very abrupt.

So I watched the 25th anniversary show on DVR the first 20 minutes great.
The rest of the show had no flow, storylines outside the Miz winning or anything really interesting.
I was glad they gave the fans the Miz winning. I don’t watch outside of the big show recently and can’t stand Roman Reigns.
He is pushed like he is Stone Cold and they couldn’t even put the guy on the mic. That tells me a lot.

The segment was a joke. I don’t even follow the current product and I could tell by how they did it that Lesnar is winning the match at the Rumble and pinning Kane.

Razor Roman looks like Chris Mullin now. Glad he is still alive and man X-PAC looks worse.

So I watched the 25th anniversary show on DVR the first 20 minutes great.
The rest of the show had no flow, storylines outside the Miz winning or anything really interesting.
I was glad they gave the fans the Miz winning. I don’t watch outside of the big show recently and can’t stand Roman Reigns.
He is pushed like he is Stone Cold and they couldn’t even put the guy on the mic. That tells me a lot.

The segment was a joke. I don’t even follow the current product and I could tell by how they did it that Lesnar is winning the match at the Rumble and pinning Kane.

Razor Roman looks like Chris Mullin now. Glad he is still alive and man X-PAC looks worse.

The one thing I'll say is they really have toned down the Reigns push (probably because he's winning the title at mania, but still). I think he went like 6 months without winning on ppv or something. Stone Cold would need to be shot with a gun to lose, and even then, it was 50-50.

Final segment pretty much sucked, yeha, everyone knows Lesnar pins Kane. Match could be good if they make it a car wreck

I bailed on making the trip down to Philly for NXT/Rumble. Wonder if I end up regretting it

The one thing I'll say is they really have toned down the Reigns push (probably because he's winning the title at mania, but still). I think he went like 6 months without winning on ppv or something. Stone Cold would need to be shot with a gun to lose, and even then, it was 50-50.

Final segment pretty much sucked, yeha, everyone knows Lesnar pins Kane. Match could be good if they make it a car wreck

It blows my mind that they still try to make Kane a top contender every so often. That ship sailed like 15 years ago. It’s incredible how much they rely on old guys for Wrestlemania every year. Like, I remember when Bob Backlund came back and he was OLD in all the fans minds. In reality he was only like 8 years past his peak, and he was only a midcarder.

Now they trot guys out there at Mania every year in prime matches who are like 15-20 years past their peaks! At some point you’ve got to move on, don’t you?

It blows my mind that they still try to make Kane a top contender every so often. That ship sailed like 15 years ago. It’s incredible how much they rely on old guys for Wrestlemania every year. Like, I remember when Bob Backlund came back and he was OLD in all the fans minds. In reality he was only like 8 years past his peak, and he was only a midcarder.

Now they trot guys out there at Mania every year in prime matches who are like 15-20 years past their peaks! At some point you’ve got to move on, don’t you?

Yeah, it's like a catch 22. They promote those guys as the "real stars" so the fans are conditioned to accept them as such, which makes it harder for to push newer guys to the top. Then again, they do something like try it with Reigns and everyone takes a dump on it. So,, like I said, catch 22.

Someone did a mock poster of what Wrestlemania 14 (where Austin first won the title) would look like with the current wwe attitude toward mania, you had guys like Slaughter, Hogan, Savage, etc in key positions with Austin marginalized. Really made me think, a key part of Austin's rise to the top was that they had lost so much talent that they had no choice but to put everything they had behind him. No half measures

Yeah, it's like a catch 22. They promote those guys as the "real stars" so the fans are conditioned to accept them as such, which makes it harder for to push newer guys to the top. Then again, they do something like try it with Reigns and everyone takes a dump on it. So,, like I said, catch 22.

Someone did a mock poster of what Wrestlemania 14 (where Austin first won the title) would look like with the current wwe attitude toward mania, you had guys like Slaughter, Hogan, Savage, etc in key positions with Austin marginalized. Really made me think, a key part of Austin's rise to the top was that they had lost so much talent that they had no choice but to put everything they had behind him. No half measures

Either stop bringing those guys back, or have the new guys take them out. Stop making the old guys look cooler and better than the new guys.

Seriously they bring these guys back so much that it doesn’t even feel special when they do it.

I’m good with one more big Kurt Angle match. And Jericho is different, he actually can fit in and be a regular part of the shows and he’s awesome.

Taker, HHH, Shane McMahon, etc. just need to stop.

I was in junior high school in 1998 when Kane won the world title on the show Mankind fell off the cage in the Hell in the Cell.
The fact this guy is still in the main event 20 years later is insane.
He wasn’t a guy who I thought was over a lot.
I don’t watch weekly anymore but the fact McMahon still pushes the guy is shocking. I mean it was obvious from the raw 25 segment he is in the match to eat a pin and not have the big guy get pinned.
The problem for the WWE now is they aren’t establishing the new talent they have as main eventers and getting them over.
I may not have liked Cena but he was legit over and could speak on the mic and entertain.
This Roman Reigns is so manufactured and nothing more than a Vince guy with a look who isn’t good in the ring or on the mic. Besides him and Miz I didn’t recognize any of the newer guys.
That is on the writing and booking.

I was in junior high school in 1998 when Kane won the world title on the show Mankind fell off the cage in the Hell in the Cell.
The fact this guy is still in the main event 20 years later is insane.
He wasn’t a guy who I thought was over a lot.
I don’t watch weekly anymore but the fact McMahon still pushes the guy is shocking. I mean it was obvious from the raw 25 segment he is in the match to eat a pin and not have the big guy get pinned.
The problem for the WWE now is they aren’t establishing the new talent they have as main eventers and getting them over.
I may not have liked Cena but he was legit over and could speak on the mic and entertain.
This Roman Reigns is so manufactured and nothing more than a Vince guy with a look who isn’t good in the ring or on the mic. Besides him and Miz I didn’t recognize any of the newer guys.
That is on the writing and booking.

Yeah, the whole show is just completely bland and boring every time I watch.

I think I was in junior high when Kane ripped the door off the cell and helped Michaels beat Undertaker. He was awesome back then. He had his run. He’s eaten so many pins over the years that he’s basically like a tall Brooklyn Brawler or Hacksaw Jim Duggan at this point credibility wise, but they still try to make him like he’s the late 90’s Kane every now and then as if everyone is going to forget all the pins he just ate the previous 6 months.

Kane is there to get people over. He's not a serious contender.

Loved him in attitude era, one of my all time favorites with angle, christian, stone cold, dudleys, jericho.

Miz is amazing right now though.

I watched the first hour or so. My highlight was the segment that included The Brooklyn Brawler and Brother Love. In their original outfits.

Taking my son to Smackdown in DC tonight for a Christmas present. My role is that of an occasional drinker and frequent people watcher.

Brooklyn Brawler? Wow, great reference. He was one of the greatest jobbers of all time, right up there with Barry Horowitz.

On an unrelated note, Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage at Wrestlemania III was the greatest wrestling match of all time, per my avatar.

Kane is there to get people over. He's not a serious contender.

Loved him in attitude era, one of my all time favorites with angle, christian, stone cold, dudleys, jericho.

Miz is amazing right now though.

Right I know the intention, but you can’t get somebody over if nobody takes you seriously anymore.

Any suggestions for pay per views to watch? Specifically from like 97-2003?

I've watched a bunch of them already but might check out another tonight.

In Your House: Canadian Stampede from ‘97 is an all time favorite for me. Crowd was amped! And the Bret Hart-Austin feud was just incredibly well done.

Either stop bringing those guys back, or have the new guys take them out. Stop making the old guys look cooler and better than the new guys.

Seriously they bring these guys back so much that it doesn’t even feel special when they do it.

I’m good with one more big Kurt Angle match. And Jericho is different, he actually can fit in and be a regular part of the shows and he’s awesome.

Taker, HHH, Shane McMahon, etc. just need to stop.

They're obsessed with the attitude era. It was a lot of fun at the time, don't get me wrong, but you gotta move forward. Daniel Bryan was super over in 2014, he was the kind of guy they could've given the shot to, but A) he got hurt, and B) I don't think they ever really want make him the guy anyway.

What's really frustrating is there is some amazing wrestling talent on their roster that I think could do some incredible things if given the chance

Canadian Stampede was a great one. Summerslam 98. Pretty much anything in 2000 is really good. Summerslam 02 might be the best WWF show ever? Or Mania 17, of course.

Reigns has been in some really good matches. His character isn't great, but he can hold up his end in the ring and then some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom