Virginia game thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia game thread

I'm happy to excuse some of Gbinije's awful play as fatigue after Friday's effort, but if that's the case, he's not allowed to take step-backs and 30-footers. Just not allowed. That's a deliberate waste of a possession.

Hes struggling against a top end defender he has to recognize that and let someone else shoot. The fact were playing 3 on 5 offensively is what kills us agaisnt teams like Pitt and UVA, DC and ROberson are zero threats

Dagger. 10 mins down and we haven't even cut 1 point into the lead.

JeremyCuse said:
Hes struggling against a top end defender he has to recognize that and let someone else shoot. The fact were playing 3 on 5 offensively is what kills us agaisnt teams like Pitt and UVA, DC and ROberson are zero threats

Top end defender? It's easy to play great defense when the referee calls nothing on you.

Our zone is giving up the easy threes and their man to man is giving up very little.

We've come out with more energy, yet the half is more than halfway done and we are still down by the halftime deficit. That has to be deflating to our players.

This is what's killing us. Brogdon has him locked up. He's forcing it

He had Evan Nolte on him in the first half, and didn't try to attack. Not sure what's up with him tonight.

Every game I hear about the guy at the free throw line killing us, but no one ever talks about the guy on the baseline. When that guy can be effective, those are the teams that really hurt us.

Toby has been making a living down there tonight.

search.jpg
search.jpg
Who told me richardson was good at driving? He will be when he gets stronger and develops a floater. He drives into centers FAR too much.

they meant in the Rain Man sense of the word.
search.jpg

That's the other problem, he's so confused/startled by the hedge, he can't get anyone else a shot either.

Teams like UVa kill him when he's on the ball, and tonight he can't help himself off the ball. Sorry he had to go out this way, but we'll be so much better with a real point guard.

Our zone is giving up the easy threes and their man to man is giving up very little.
Impossible. Unless the announcers say so, this can't be true.

Dave85 said:
Our defense is playing well, offense...

I agree. We aren't scoring. We got away with it against the Zags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom