Virginia Predictions... | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Predictions...

usa-today-9215091.0.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Finsidetheloudhouse.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F01%2F517794868-syracuse-v-virginia.jpg.jpg

But they looked awful against Wisconsin. They are not a great rebounding team so they won’t kill us there.

I think our advantages:
1) we are deep
2) we are playing at a fast pace
3) we have excellent penetrating guards
4) our man defense is vastly improved
5) we have a center much bigger than they do

Their advantages:
1) Tony bennett’s pack line defense
2) home game
3) somewhat better outside shooting
4) Ryan Dunn is a very athletic, dynamic forward

Neither team can rebound, so I believe that we can win this game if we defend for 40 minutes, turn them over some, and keep their three point shooters in check. That is what Wisconsin was able to do.

If there was a game for Benny to show up big, this would be it!

Last edited:
But they looked awful against Wisconsin. They are not a great rebounding team so they won’t kill us there.

I think our advantages:
1) we are deep
2) we are playing at a fast pace
3) we have excellent penetrating guards
4) our man defense is vastly improved
5) we have a center much bigger than they do

Their advantages:
1) Tony bennett’s pack line defense
2) home game
3) somewhat better outside shooting
4) Ryan Dunn is a very athletic, dynamic forward

Neither team can rebound, so I believe that we can win this game if we defend for 40 minutes, turn them over some, and keep their three point shooters in check. That is what Wisconsin was able to do.

If there was a game for Benny to show up big, this would be it!
great post...I actually think Naheem could be a huge key this game as well...if he can dominate the paint, UVA will be in trouble...obviously benny can help there.

i think the keys for SU win will be: 3pt defense and no long lulls in the offense...if UVA takes away driving lanes...what will be SU's answer on offense??

if the offense is successful, I think SU wins.

UVA doesnt seem to have the interior players to hurt opponents...so it will be won or lost on the perimeter, imo

also, many virginia connections on the current roster: brown, judah, JT etc...hopefully a little extra juice there to help find a win. huge game.

really want to beat UVA for once haha

Jim Boeheim 72
Terry Holland 68
Rotunda 29
Hendricks Chapel 26
Tony Bennett lets his boys get out on the break a bit

(Rotunda and Hendricks are remarkably similar buildings)

great post...I actually think Naheem could be a huge key this game as well...if he can dominate the paint, UVA will be in trouble...obviously benny can help there.

i think the keys for SU win will be: 3pt defense and no long lulls in the offense...if UVA takes away driving lanes...what will be SU's answer on offense??

if the offense is successful, I think SU wins.

UVA doesnt seem to have the interior players to hurt opponents...so it will be won or lost on the perimeter, imo

also, many virginia connections on the current roster: brown, judah, JT etc...hopefully a little extra juice there to help find a win. huge game.

really want to beat UVA for once haha
Agree. Yet another key in this game will be whether we can keep them a little honest by hitting outside shots. If not, that pack line will get tighter and tighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom