Virginia Pregame Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Pregame Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse at Virginia
Friday, March 4, 2016 | 5:30 pm
ESPNU

The game will be televised on ESPNU. Anish Shroff and Paul Carcaterra with the call.

You can also watch online through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM). Live audio of the game will also be streamed on Cuse.com.

SU won't win a lot of games with that pea shooter offense they put on the field against Army.

Desko needs to realize that some of the upper classmen are never going to do it. More playing time for freshman like Shewell.

Last edited:
Here's an item from the VirginiaSports.com official website.

We have been horribly, horribly inconsistent on offense this year. In our scrimmages and the Loyola game, it was like the offense players never dressed. We've made a bunch of goalies look like 1st team AA candidates because of poor shot selection WHEN THE SHOTS HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN ON GOAL. Then we look like we have some semblance of what we should look like vs. Drexel and Penn. The defense has been giving up too many double digit games, something that is very troubling. High Point, 12 goals?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Means nothing, VA will play like it's a NC Game,A very dangerous game for SU, 1st outdoor Game

Means nothing, VA will play like it's a NC Game,A very dangerous game for SU, 1st outdoor Game
No doubt. One of the best games every year. Both coaches let the kids play up and down the field. A ton of fun.

image.png

Eh I figured he was probably out, big loss.
Wonder if he puts Barber back at middle and runs the young guns or bumps Mariano to attack.

Has Mariano played up front this season?

A weather report for Friday:

Calling for 60 percent chance of light snow Friday AM in Charlottesville and temps in the 30s PM.

Gonna be quite a change from the Dome.

Never understand why we wear road unis that say Orange instead of Syracuse.

Has Mariano played up front this season?

Only in practice, I don't recall him playing there in a game. I actually think that would be the best option honestly because his skills and experience at attack. Only issue is that it significantly weakens the midfield. I would think Desko would run Barber, Salcido and either Lane/Dejoe as the 1st line. Giving a second line of Dejoe/Lane, Westin, Simmons, and whoever is next in line. Was hoping someone would have shown enough in practice to break through for PT on that second line, at some point I wonder if you have to see what Romano can do.

A weather report for Friday:

Calling for 60 percent chance of light snow Friday AM in Charlottesville and temps in the 30s PM.

Gonna be quite a change from the Dome.

Games at 530 so they should catch some of a break temp wise. Sucks this game isn't at home this year, I would like our chances a lot more. Good news is most of the starters have experience playing on the road save for Mellen really.

3.5 goals is a lot, especially for a team struggling on offense in their first road game.
The over seems high for this year too, but with UVA/Cuse you never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom