Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th

Update.
Looks like we have 85 for the tailgate already with many not yet declared. Please let me know if you are planning on attending if you have not yet done so already.

Also, please let me know what you are planning on bringing, if anything.
As usual we have wrist bands and name tags when you check in - and Mrs Crusty says you will check in!

This is going to be epic!

My daughter and I will be there, Not sure of the details yet. Were staying in Fredericksburg Fri night . WE will bring some NY State wine to the tailgate

Right now it looks like I'm between staying at super 8 in waynesboro, or the bluegreen Shenandoah crossing. Any other recommendations out there? Or which one of these two will be easier to get cab to and from tailgate and game?

Waynesboro is a half hour away over Afton Mountain from C'ville.

Never mind, Somehow just got a room at hilton garden.. Cost me 300 but at least it will be easy.

orangesox44 said:
Never mind, Somehow just got a room at hilton garden.. Cost me 300 but at least it will be easy.

Oh, one or two more 50 50s will cover that. See you there!

Our group will be arriving Friday afternoon sometime. Is anyone planning any SU get-togethers Friday night? Maybe at a bar or restaurant?

Thanks,

Free Tickets!

I have two tickets available. One is in my group allotment and the other is a solo ticket, although we can probably work out getting two people seated together if needed.

I'm gonna try to find some more people to bring to use them, but if someone wants them, let me know. I'll update if I get them used.
If I don't hear from anyone before the game, I'll be bringing them to the tailgate.

Will give these tickets for FREE! Just want them to get used!

OK folks, here we go. It is time to start collecting money and information for the UVA tailgate.

As you know, we have sold 200 tickets in our Section 111. We think this tailgate is going to be a blast.

Please go to syracusetailgates.com where you will find all of the away game tailgates listed. Click on the Syracuse @ Virginia listing tab and it will open with information as well as a section to order tailgate tickets. Once you have selected your ticket type (Food Only or Food & Beer), proceed to the shopping card for checkout. Payment can be made by credit card of PayPal.

Once completed, a page will open for you to download printable tickets. You will also receive an email confirmation which will also contain a download link.

The tickets are bar coded, which allow us to check you in with our smart phones upon arrival.

We will alert you via email of any changes or issues. Make sure you check your email the night before game day.

(Please note that this is the only tailgate thus far where we are using this collection/ticketing site. We will use it for NC State when we are ready.)

Hoo's That and other Hoo fans-

Any suggestions about where to play golf in C'ville? We're planning on playing 36 on Friday and 18 on Sunday. Nice courses preferred, on campus course would be great!
Thanks for any help.

Florange44

I've played Birdwood and I'm not a huge fan. It wasn't in great condition and some of the holes just don't make sense and are forced. Then again I've played some really great courses so I may be biased. Don't know what kind of quality golf course you are looking for. If you are just out for fun it would be fine but if you are looking for a "better" golf course it doesn't fit the bill at least for me.

There is a very nice public course in Richmond at a fantastic facility about an hour away that I play frequently called independence. Top notch course for about 75 including cart.

Spring Creek is supposed to be a great course too (haven't played it yet) and is only about 20 minutes away from C'Ville in Zion Crossroads right off of route 64.

Hit 'em long and straight!

I've played Birdwood and I'm not a huge fan. It wasn't in great condition and some of the holes just don't make sense and are forced. Then again I've played some really great courses so I may be biased. Don't know what kind of quality golf course you are looking for. If you are just out for fun it would be fine but if you are looking for a "better" golf course it doesn't fit the bill at least for me.

There is a very nice public course in Richmond at a fantastic facility about an hour away that I play frequently called independence. Top notch course for about 75 including cart.

Spring Creek is supposed to be a great course too (haven't played it yet) and is only about 20 minutes away from C'Ville in Zion Crossroads right off of route 64.

Hit 'em long and straight!

Second recommendation on Independence. It's a nice course. I haven't played too many in Charlottesville so can't offer many recommendations but if you go east, happy to provide some...I've played a lot in the Richmond area.

If anyone is staying in the Richmond area on Friday and wants to play some golf, happy to arrange a round and get together. I belong to a course on the west side of the city and I'm happy to host.

Our group will be arriving Friday afternoon sometime. Is anyone planning any SU get-togethers Friday night? Maybe at a bar or restaurant?

Thanks,
downstate will be in town on Friday also, name the place

FWIW, Sarz is guessing SU/UVA at 7pm.

Selfishly, please please let it be 3:30. I would think that Pitt/GTech would be much better for primetime... What, does UVa have more pull in getting these time slots?

Upstate said:
FWIW, Sarz is guessing SU/UVA at 7pm.

So when we're home we get all noon games but on the road we get the 330's and 7's. Makes no sense.

So when we're home we get all noon games but on the road we get the 330's and 7's. Makes no sense.
Oddly, it's not even on a network, ACC regional channels.

Selfishly, please please let it be 3:30. I would think that Pitt/GTech would be much better for primetime... What, does UVa have more pull in getting these time slots?
Nobody has any pull. If anything, we have reverse pull so that Greensboro and the Mouse sit down and decide what is the worst thing they can do to us. On our board it's call Rule 2b, "Whenever two or more options are available to the ACC, they must choose the one most detrimental to UVa." It went into full effect one year when we told Greensboro and ABC that we wouldn't move the Florida State game to 3:30 to accommodate them because it would interfere with Parents Weekend activities. Needless to say on the following Monday, Greensboro issued the dictum that "you will play when TV tells you to play." The Tank McNamara comic strip loved it and had a series on how "Vine Covered University" refused to move their game against "Enormous State University".

Not to be a wise acre, but a 7:00 game is a punishment to UVA?

Isn't it UVa's Homecoming? They probably don't want to spend the night in a stadium.

OK folks, here we go. It is time to start collecting money and information for the UVA tailgate.

As you know, we have sold 200 tickets in our Section 111. We think this tailgate is going to be a blast.

Please go to syracusetailgates.com where you will find all of the away game tailgates listed. Click on the Syracuse @ Virginia listing tab and it will open with information as well as a section to order tailgate tickets. Once you have selected your ticket type (Food Only or Food & Beer), proceed to the shopping card for checkout. Payment can be made by credit card of PayPal.

Once completed, a page will open for you to download printable tickets. You will also receive an email confirmation which will also contain a download link.

The tickets are bar coded, which allow us to check you in with our smart phones upon arrival.

We will alert you via email of any changes or issues. Make sure you check your email the night before game day.

(Please note that this is the only tailgate thus far where we are using this collection/ticketing site. We will use it for NC State when we are ready.)
Hi Crusty...just sent you $25 for two at the tailgate. If you didn't get it and somehow I messed up, please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks,

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom