Class of 2024 - Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23

If Fran proves that he can nab a 5 star to Cuse, especially from an ACC competitor, NIL will not be an issue unless FSU/whoever countered with something unreasonable.

We have money, we’re just not going to pay for the sake of paying. Fran’s scouts are giving the greenlight to pay kids based on character, fit and need.
It’s a smart approach, pay Allen, OG(if he isn’t going pro) and other of the best current guys, pay a QB who is within reach, and then pay multiple guys decent money who can fill a bunch of roster holes on both lines, WR etc. we aren’t one 5 star away from an ACC title

It’s a smart approach, pay Allen, OG(if he isn’t going pro) and other of the best current guys, pay a QB who is within reach, and then pay multiple guys decent money who can fill a bunch of roster holes on both lines, WR etc. we aren’t one 5 star away from an ACC title
Exactly. Allen’s going to be taken care of nicely. Him and Alijah will go a long way to reestablishing Jersey and Philly.

I give to multiple collectives but it is so gross that fans are being panhandled for money when the revenue is what it is for the conferences and schools. What a freaking grift this system is.
Right now schools can’t legally give to NIL. Agree, hopefully this changes with the new proposed NCAA rules. And hopefully they put a salary cap in place as well to level the playing field and keep the sport somewhat competitive.

If pro sports can do it, why can’t college sports?

100%. What do you think is going to happen with OG?
From what I understand currently, OG sees the value in getting an education, and maintaining his roots at Syracuse University.

He’s not going to gamble on staying though if the quarterback situations not favorable. He’s a surefire NFL pick and has a future in the league but his Dad’s smart and knows that you’re always an injury away from the dream collapsing

He’s gotten reached out to by every name you can imagine with the typical back scene intrigue. He’s about as loyal as they come though and every one of us should be cheering our as$es off in the stands for him if it works out and he does another year. He’s Cuse through and through.

We really lucked out landing him. Think in time he’ll be remembered as fondly as McPherson, Dwight and some others if he can stay and get another shot at a healthy year.

Btw- since im positive they'll be more than enough space available, I humbly reserve the right to add more letters to said penile tattoo. :cool:

"SupercaliFRANilisticexpialidocious" and something along the lines of..."four-score and seven years ago, blah blah blah"...
You do realize that the Gettysburg Address was one of the shortest speeches ever? You should have used Edward Everett's speech instead. However, you can use the excuse of the day: "It's not the length of the speech, it's the impact that matters."

IMG_0798.jpeg

Listen, I think it’s great he visited and it’s always good publicity when a 5 star visits your school. However, this kid is going to command NIL money that I don’t think Syracuse can come close to competing with. I think someday Fran will pull off getting a 5 star here but too many things need to line up first before this to be a realistic outcome. Don’t overthink this. Bolden is going to FSU or some factory school equivalent. We should be very happy with Edwards.
Of course they can

Right now schools can’t legally give to NIL. Agree, hopefully this changes with the new proposed NCAA rules. And hopefully they put a salary cap in place as well to level the playing field and keep the sport somewhat competitive.

Why can’t they do it? Because who are the going to negotiate with? Players need to form a union. Then through collective bargaining you can implement rules like a salary cap.

Hopefully bit colleges won't pay a price for not adhering to salary cap rules like an NFL team would.

Yupp. The next rule change needs to be giving some of the money to the athletes instead of giving administrators and executives another raise. Then maybe NIL can actually be NIL instead of pay for play.

It definitely wouldn't be a perfect system but the one we are in right now where fans are subsidizing football and basketball teams is just lunacy.

Not to get everyone over the top excited. But the influx in talent that is about to commit via high school recruits and transfers in the next 2-3 weeks is going to be like something we have not seen in a veryyyyyyyy long time. We are about to add ALOT of very nice pieces the next 2-3 weeks

Not to get everyone over the top excited. But the influx in talent that is about to commit via high school recruits and transfers in the next 2-3 weeks is going to be like something we have not seen in a veryyyyyyyy long time. We are about to add ALOT of very nice pieces the next 2-3 weeks
Opinion or based on some knowledge?

Brown has done great so far but as we know, the hay is never in barn.

I doubt he has a 100% close rate so while very, very encouraged and impressed, this is the part of the process that involves 17 and 18 yr olds and a lot of voices.

Cautiously optimistic

Last edited:
I think there's a chance we've never seen something like it in this program.

Brown has done great so far but as we know, the hay is never in barn.

I doubt he has a 100% close rate so while very, very encouraged and impressed, this is the part of the process that involves 17 and 18 yr olds and a lot of voices.

Caustically optimistic
That's a pretty abrasive attitude! :)

That was a thoroughly delightful article to read. I assume SU will land some of these visitors as commits, while SU won't land others. Regardless, it's an exciting time. I went to SU back in the late 90s, and I haven't been this excited about 'Cuse football since then. Love it.

Agreed. Going to infuse the roster with a dose of blue-chip talent we've lacked since ~2000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom