Wagner scholarship flexibility reason Syracuse football game would count toward bowl | Syracusefan.com

Wagner scholarship flexibility reason Syracuse football game would count toward bowl

i undertstand on the ncaa side but on the NEC side how does the 40 limit vs the 61 play out? why have a limit if schools can offer scholies in different ways?

so theyre 4 over the #.

heres hoping 5 kids dont get in trouble and/or quit in the next 6 months....

:eek:

If everything works out and Wagner does count, I think anyone who said staff should get fired over this to man up and apologize. We are all at fault for jumping on items too early, but to say someone should be fired before knowing all sides of a subject is just not right.

This schedule could be a great setup for our first ever home ACC game in a hopefully sold out dome! Can't wait, so excited, let's hope we are 4-0 going into it!

i undertstand on the ncaa side but on the NEC side how does the 40 limit vs the 61 play out? why have a limit if schools can offer scholies in different ways?

This doesn't make any sense. Stony Brook left the NEC for the Big South conference so it could offer 63 scholarships. I read an article about Monmouth making the same move about how they would start offering 63 scholarships as well. There are a lot of confused people on the FCS board, anygivensaturday.com. Some are certain that Wagner is breaking conference rules.

If everything works out and Wagner does count, I think anyone who said staff should get fired over this to man up and apologize. We are all at fault for jumping on items too early, but to say someone should be fired before knowing all sides of a subject is just not right.

This schedule could be a great setup for our first ever home ACC game in a hopefully sold out dome! Can't wait, so excited, let's hope we are 4-0 going into it!

I don't think they should be absolved of all criticism. Why did the schedule take so long to be announced? We were still the last BCS program to get their together and finalize our OOC schedule. Last year we were one of the last few. I don't want to hear how it was WVU's fault either, the rest of the Big East got their schedule together before us.

I don't think they should be absolved of all criticism. Why did the schedule take so long to be announced? We were still the last BCS program to get their together and finalize our OOC schedule. Last year we were one of the last few. I don't want to hear how it was WVU's fault either, the rest of the Big East got their schedule together before us.
Didn't say they shouldn't be criticized, said they should be called out for being stupid and to be fired. I would rather Cuse take their time and try to find the best value for the program than set up an away and away somewhere quickly. The schedule last year wasn't good, I am with you. This years schedule though is pretty awesome in my opinion. I am just saying let's have all the information before we judge.

This doesn't make any sense. Stony Brook left the NEC for the Big South conference so it could offer 63 scholarships. I read an article about Monmouth making the same move about how they would start offering 63 scholarships as well. There are a lot of confused people on the FCS board, anygivensaturday.com. Some are certain that Wagner is breaking conference rules.

They only offer 40 football scholarships. The rest are "merit based" academic grants.

Maybe for bowl eligibility purposes the NCAA counts everything?

I don't want to hear how it was WVU's fault either, the rest of the Big East got their schedule together before us.
It was the result of TCU's backing out of the BE that led to the 2012 scheduling issue. TCU was to play at the Dome.
Temple replaced WVU.

They only offer 40 football scholarships. The rest are "merit based" academic grants.

Maybe for bowl eligibility purposes the NCAA counts everything?
Actually, "athletic" scholarships are "merit" as well. Georgetown doesn't give those for football. All of their football related scholarships are "need" based.

Hopefully all scholarships types are counted toward the FCS qualifying scholarship count.

I just read through some of your thread over there. There's a lot of respect for Syracuse football there, I was surprised.

"Its one thing to play FAU and quite another to play an ever improving FBS squad.
I imagine they are getting a decent payday but this has 60-0 written all over it."

"This could get very ugly for the Seahawks, but this is a great experience for the team. Playing a game in the Dome is something they will look forward to and won’t forget."

"Marrone really built up the talent level at Syracuse. The Orange program is on the up swing even though he left for the bills.
This game is going to be ugly."