Waiters playing crunch time minutes for the Thunder | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Waiters playing crunch time minutes for the Thunder

If he has the same kind of season he's had the last few years? Oh man. I know the cap has gone up but he hasn't been good at all as a pro.

I think either way this thread will be fun to bump in a few months. I'll either look really stupid or really smart. But I think the perception of Dion within the league is vastly different than it is on this board. Think it's a lot closer to my opinion of him.
I wouldn't have expected Kanter or Thompson to get anywhere near what they did, yet here we are. Everybody is going to have money next offseason. A lot of teams I suspect will stand pat, but if teams want to move forward at all with their team they're going to have to pony up big time for even semi-desirable free agents. That's not just Dion. A lot of guys are going to cash in.

I wouldn't have expected Kanter or Thompson to get anywhere near what they did, yet here we are. Everybody is going to have money next offseason. A lot of teams I suspect will stand pat, but if teams want to move forward at all with their team they're going to have to pony up big time for even semi-desirable free agents. That's not just Dion. A lot of guys are going to cash in.

I get that, there will 100% be some contracts that make your head spin. But Tristan Thompson was a key player on a finals team. Enes Kanter, for all his defensive faults (and there are many) is a dynamite offensive player. Dion Waiters has been a a pretty bad player for 3 years in the NBA. I still like my Derrick Williams comp, (PER is one measure, but Williams is career 13.1, Waiters 12.7) but maybe 5 million a year is closer to 7 or 8 next year?

I get that, there will 100% be some contracts that make your head spin. But Tristan Thompson was a key player on a finals team. Enes Kanter, for all his defensive faults (and there are many) is a dynamite offensive player. Dion Waiters has been a a pretty bad player for 3 years in the NBA. I still like my Derrick Williams comp, (PER is one measure, but Williams is career 13.1, Waiters 12.7) but maybe 5 million a year is closer to 7 or 8 next year?
I wouldn't be surprised to see Waiters get a big offer right out of the gate by a team hoping to lock him up by putting the screws to OKC.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Waiters get a big offer right out of the gate by a team hoping to lock him up by putting the screws to OKC.

I really think OKC is going to let Dion walk and not give it a second thought in that situation. They're at about 62 million without Durant signed for next year. Durant has a max around $27 million I think; budgeting for that puts them basically right at the cap. Considering they also have Ibaka and Russ as FA the year after, if someone comes at Dion for over 10 million a year or something I'd bet almost anything the Thunder laugh and don't match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom