Waiters To Philly? | Syracusefan.com

Waiters To Philly?

I have no interest in Dion Waiters stuffing stats as a tank commander.

Congratulations DW for proving me wrong. I thought you were a poor man's version of Dwayne Wade but your just a clone Tyreke Evans like the scouts said if you would prefer to stuff the stat sheet on a crappy Philly than be the sixth man for a title contender in Cleveland. Dumb Dion just stay in Cleveland and earn your 2nd contract.

Uh, this is a proposed trade. The Sixers would be the third wheel in a deal which would get the Cavs closer to their goal of landing Love.

Uh, this is a proposed trade. The Sixers would be the third wheel in a deal which would get the Cavs closer to their goal of landing Love.

Not tha tit has anything to do w his attitude real or perceived. I just would really like to see Dion play with Lebron on a title contender.

Congratulations DW for proving me wrong. I thought you were a poor man's version of Dwayne Wade but your just a clone Tyreke Evans like the scouts said if you would prefer to stuff the stat sheet on a crappy Philly than be the sixth man for a title contender in Cleveland. Dumb Dion just stay in Cleveland and earn your 2nd contract.
There is nothing in the article indicating that Waiters is driving this trade rumor.

There is nothing in the article indicating that Waiters is driving this trade rumor.
My statement was my opinion read my signature. I feel if DW gets moved it is because he is giving them a reason. Unless Minnesota prefers DW to Bennett the only salaries they need to move are Bennett and Wiggins and the 3rd team could easily be Boston with Boggans 5 million salary. Sorry I have opinions people disagree with but they aren't out of whack. People can disagree and its cool. I feel my opinion on DW above was fair.

My statement was my opinion read my signature. I feel if DW gets moved it is because he is giving them a reason. Unless Minnesota prefers DW to Bennett the only salaries they need to move are Bennett and Wiggins and the 3rd team could easily be Boston with Boggans 5 million salary. Sorry I have opinions people disagree with but they aren't out of whack. People can disagree and its cool. I feel my opinion on DW above was fair.

your opinion on waiters was fair... but the reasoning, not so much.

he would only be a piece to this puzzle to get love to cle. minn is balking trying to get more and more for this deal. thats all that it comes down to.

Who will Cle have on its roster if it lands Love?

Matthew Delladova is going to be backup PG. John Lucas III?

All joking aside, if they trade a first rounder, Bennett, Wiggins and Waiters (in some capacity in a three way trade), that puts a lot (a ton) of pressure on Love, Irving and Varejao to stay healthy, when all three have a history of injuries.

The rest of the roster is Brandon Haywood, Tristan Thompson, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy, Mike Miller / Ray Allen or maybe some of the second rounders.

You trot out Kyrie, Miller/Allen, Bron, Thompson and Varejao, you not only have a poor defensive team on the whole, your second team is terrible.

I know there would still be some pieces along with the major players in the trade, but good luck with that 1-10.

You trot out Kyrie, Miller/Allen, Bron, Thompson and Varejao, you not only have a poor defensive team on the whole, your second team is terrible.
Oh come on now, I can totally picture that team making it through the East and then getting pounded by OKC.;)

The deal: Minnesota sends Love and Barea to Cleveland and Martin to Philadelphia. Cleveland sendsAndrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, three nonguaranteed contracts and two 2015 first-round draft picks to Minnesota and Dion Waiters to Philadelphia. Philadelphia sends Thaddeus Young to Cleveland

Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio has reported that the Sixers have interest in Waiters, which makes this scenario workable. Philadelphia has a ton of open cap space, and if the Timberwolves insist on unloading Martin, a third team would have to be involved to make the trade work. The Sixers could absorb Martin, and any other money Minnesota wants to unload, for the price of Waiters as a young asset. Cleveland gives Minnesota the past two No. 1 overall picks and two of its three first-round picks in the next draft, though none of them is likely to be a lottery selection. The Sixers give the Wolves Young, a ready-made replacement for Love in the starting lineup. This is a steep price to pay for the Cavaliers, but it gives them the league's top big three in LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Love.

Wiggins' inclusion in the deal is complicated. To make the salaries work, he would need to sign his rookie scale deal. Doing so would mean he can't be traded for 30 days. However, the deal could still be agreed to and formally executed a month from now. It would be a long, unpleasant limbo.

Minnesota would remain just above the cap with this deal, so it still has room to play with its cap exceptions for the coming season. Wiggins' value is hard to pin down because of his disappointing college translations. Bennett falls into the same category after his injury-addled rookie season. In both cases, their projected value is almost certainly understated, and by a lot. The estimated WARP value of their rookie deals projects to just 6.9. Young's three-year average WARP is 5.2 -- or about 15 fewer than Love. He is a solid player but has an early termination option after the season, so he could be one-and-done. Assuming Young opts out, the deal would open up about $14 million in cap space next summer over what the Wolves would have had with Love and Martin, which converts to about 7.0 WARP. It's worth noting that the total estimated WARP value of the package is exactly the total Love put up in 2013-14. In this deal, Minnesota would be buying hope, along with a considerable bit of uncertainty.

If Flip thinks he can get that deal he is nuts. Bennett/Wiggins/1st round pick is good value he is being greedy wanting more and it will end up biting him when all he gets is a trade exception and picks next summer.

This could end up being one of those deals where they say(regarding Cavs wanting Love) "Don't wish for something too hard because you might get it." I think it's going to cost them more than they gain.

The deal: Minnesota sends Love and Barea to Cleveland and Martin to Philadelphia. Cleveland sendsAndrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, three nonguaranteed contracts and two 2015 first-round draft picks to Minnesota and Dion Waiters to Philadelphia. Philadelphia sends Thaddeus Young to Cleveland

Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio has reported that the Sixers have interest in Waiters, which makes this scenario workable. Philadelphia has a ton of open cap space, and if the Timberwolves insist on unloading Martin, a third team would have to be involved to make the trade work. The Sixers could absorb Martin, and any other money Minnesota wants to unload, for the price of Waiters as a young asset. Cleveland gives Minnesota the past two No. 1 overall picks and two of its three first-round picks in the next draft, though none of them is likely to be a lottery selection. The Sixers give the Wolves Young, a ready-made replacement for Love in the starting lineup. This is a steep price to pay for the Cavaliers, but it gives them the league's top big three in LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Love.
Philly has like, no money on the books, but doesn't Martin have three years left on his deal? I know they could trade him at some point, but that seems like a pretty long term commitment in order to get Waiters.

Martin has 3 years left on his deal, so Philly taking him doesn't make sense at all.

realorange said:
This could end up being one of those deals where they say(regarding Cavs wanting Love) "Don't wish for something too hard because you might get it." I think it's going to cost them more than they gain.
Completely agree

Wiggins' inclusion in the deal is complicated. To make the salaries work, he would need to sign his rookie scale deal. Doing so would mean he can't be traded for 30 days. However, the deal could still be agreed to and formally executed a month from now. It would be a long, unpleasant limbo.

Minnesota would remain just above the cap with this deal, so it still has room to play with its cap exceptions for the coming season. Wiggins' value is hard to pin down because of his disappointing college translations. Bennett falls into the same category after his injury-addled rookie season. In both cases, their projected value is almost certainly understated, and by a lot. The estimated WARP value of their rookie deals projects to just 6.9. Young's three-year average WARP is 5.2 -- or about 15 fewer than Love. He is a solid player but has an early termination option after the season, so he could be one-and-done. Assuming Young opts out, the deal would open up about $14 million in cap space next summer over what the Wolves would have had with Love and Martin, which converts to about 7.0 WARP. It's worth noting that the total estimated WARP value of the package is exactly the total Love put up in 2013-14. In this deal, Minnesota would be buying hope, along with a considerable bit of uncertainty.
Love aint stayin in Minny. If they continue to play hardball offers will start being lowered and drying up. If they don't trade him they'll get nothing in return when he leaves unless they get minimal return for a sign and trade deal.

Huge sixers fan and this is exactly what they need. A 2 that can score... They have no scoring wings... Absolutely none

Huge sixers fan and this is exactly what they need. A 2 that can score... They have no scoring wings... Absolutely none
I'm not going to lie, if Waiters lands in Philly I think he's within shouting range of the scoring title. Nobody other than him and MCW can score.

Alsacs said:

I think that's being unfair to Dion. You don't know what he prefers. And if he indeed preferred to play in Philly, what's so wrong about that. They are a very promising young team if they continue to build the way they have and Noel and Embiid work out after their injuries. And he may prefer to play there if Cleveland shows no desire to keep him. We'll see what happens.

Cleveland is giving up way too much no? I hope Dion stays and accepts whatever role is being offered him in Cleveland, assuming that they want him. Cavs could be a FUN team the next few years.

All the "Dion should stay and accept what they give him to win a championship" crap is from people who dont play. Players want to play first (or maximize their money first) which is similar to what we all do in our working lives. If Dion has anything to do with this trade, I respect him for wanting to play. He burns to be on the court. That is great. Being a hanger on to a possible LeBron title in Cleveland is for a soon to be washed up Ray Allen type at the end of his great career, not a kid just starting out trying to create a name for himself.

Jee-zus. If he is to be dealt, it's all due to the sal-cap 'calculus' that's more important to every NBA deal than the caliber of the players being swapped.

What Dion wants or doesn't want has nothing to do with it.

I'm not going to lie, if Waiters lands in Philly I think he's within shouting range of the scoring title. Nobody other than him and MCW can score.

Why would you lie about something like that?

Sorry "not gonna lie" has become my biggest language pet peeve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom