Wake Forest Game... | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they crush them after the penalty and score no points Dino is a genius. This is a sport where sometimes the result determines how good the call was, not the other way around
So get the defensive call on the same page with the decision to take the penalty.

Giving them 76 seconds to stand in the pocket is allowing them to get at least the 10 back anyway. Or more. So what’s the point?

Take the penalty and bring the heat. Or decline it.

Worst call I’ve ever seen taking the penalty. Even if he makes a long field goal you have 4 mins to go down and try to score and you get the ball at the half!!! And if he misses you have great field position. Garbage call. Makes no sense. Because he made one in practice?? Practice!!? We talking about practice!
Are you aware they literally have the best kicker in the country? Be honest. The best.

With Marrone, we’re 5-0, and up at least 8 here...
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

If they crush them after the penalty and score no points Dino is a genius. This is a sport where sometimes the result determines how good the call was, not the other way around

It's similar to an awful 3 point shot where you're yelling NOOO but it goes in off a bank. Sure, the result is good but it still was a bad decision.

Nah. That’s like saying if we go for it on 4th and 19 from our own 15 yard line it’s a good call if we make it.

box score says courtney jackson has 1 rush for 7 yds. breaks up the tucker /shredder monopoly of carries.

Just watched the replay.. You can see Babers say on the microphone.. "Its over a fifty yard field goal" I think he wanted to decline the penalty... He then went down and asked white... They decided to take it... I do not think this one was on Babers per say.. I think he took the advice of his coaches...

It scares me the folks on here that didn’t know their kicker finds 51 yard field goals in his couch cushion. I’m embarrassed by some of you

Having #3 standing there and waving his arms like Billy Celeck in the middle of the zone was so useful.
How dare you sully the D of the great Billy C.. now Elvir O is a different story

box score says courtney jackson has 1 rush for 7 yds. breaks up the tucker /shredder monopoly of carries.
We’ve got nobody else to give it to.

Howard quit, and of course...then Adams got hurt.

So it’s on Babers
Just watched the replay.. You can see Babers say on the microphone.. "Its over a fifty yard field goal" I think he wanted to decline the penalty... He then went down and asked white... They decided to take it... I do not think this one was on Babers per say.. I think he took the advice of his coaches...

Decline the penalty and your defense gets off the field and their offense is off the field. It's a small victory that's needed to win games. Accepting the penalty is like dealing another hand to the opposing team. Lo and behold, they hit the straight on the river. Continuous poor decision making like this is why Dino loses us games week in and week out.

Some of you don’t seem to get it.

we took the 10 yards and then ran a defense to, at a minimum, give them the 10 yards back.

if this is smart strategy to you, let me know so I can ignore your posts
This….

If your going to play to keep them out of field goal range, don’t play a defense that concedes the FG.

It scares me the folks on here that didn’t know their kicker finds 51 yard field goals in his couch cushion. I’m embarrassed by some of you
Come on, the D we were playing on that 4th conceded a 10+ yard gain. At best we were playing for a push. It was all colossally dumb.

That's what Lyndon Johnson said after he asked Westmoreland what to do next. And that didn't work out too well. Babers is the head coach ...

How dare you sully the D of the great Billy C.. now Elvir O is a different story
Ok - he looked like Justin Thomas doing jumping jacks in the 6 OT game.

Really important to have a spy to prevent the non running QB from taking off and getting the 10 yards back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom