Wake Forest Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Postgame Thoughts

Nothing has really changed all season. This is a deeply flawed team that has the narrowest of paths to win.

When things go south they have no answers. So we get mauled.

We’ll win a few more, lose a few more than that, and then the season will end.

What an absolute disgrace this game was.
-I know this roster is severely flawed. But lack of effort and a horrible attitude cannot be acceptable. Benny pushed through Red on the bench and was standing literally two rows behind the bench for much of the game just like he was a Boston College. He got a technical. He skipped the handshake line. What an absolute bust this kid is. But more importantly, red cannot allow this stuff to happen. This guy already had two or three strikes this year that we know of. Enough is enough.
-I know Bell is absolutely useless unless he hits his three-pointers. But his effort rebounding and defensively was even worse than usual. I can’t fathom why that kid got so much time in the second half. It looked like he actually posed on the garbage time dunk when we were down 29.
-I thought Judah did a lot of good things offensively and actually pushed the ball a little bit better. But he was absolutely cooked defensively by Miller and it worries me that Red has not taught him not to cheat so much for the steals.
-Quadir seemed to get into it on the bench with Red. This team really seems to have trouble with poise, and that is one of the many reasons it is susceptible to blowouts.
-I think any dream of a bubble chance died tonight. But I am more concerned about the future. Players don’t seem to be getting better and attitudes and effort are questionable at best

Good effort lads.

Agree.

This is a Wake Forest team that has won something like 11 games in a row at home over the span of two seasons. Two. It was never going to be easy. You don't just come down and expect a W with that sort of stat staring back at you.

You take the L, just like the hundred teams before you, and you do better next time. Game coulda been closer, but then it just would have meant we lost by less points.

On to the next one!!! LGO!

Westry because I haven’t seen him play so like a new recruit
Brown

Then
JJ
Copeland - but i would make it clear he is a 6th man not a starter

The rest of the roster is toast this is also assuming Mintz is gone.
I was kidding.
However, I wouldn't be upset if everyone but the players you just mentioned were gone.

Taylor was far from the issue today. Bell not showing up again.
Taylor was an issue again. Outside that 5 minute stretch where he got 10 points, he clunked a lot of shots, was abused on defense. Glad to see him hit a few shots but he had more negatives than positives.

Every time we get down 10 you can pretty much set your watch to getting down 25. What you call that, reverse spurtability? Never seen anything like it.
Easily spurted on… ummm..

Red has lost the locker room. This is what happens when you hire a players coach.
Go home and eat your own garbage. Watch, and soooo quick to label and judge. I trust he will coach for the program, not individuals. It might be hard and take time but he can do it if he stays true to himself, look at Danny Hurley

Last edited:
I said a month ago the ceiling for this team is being squarely on the bubble. They wont even sniff it.

Here’s my take away. If Carey had a drop step, this woulda been a different game.

But seriously. Not enough talent. Team quits when they realize it’ll be an uphill climb to win. Red’s lineups appear to be done with 8 sided dice sometimes vs what’s actually happening in the game.

Might be a bit early to proclaim that, though there were a few hints of dissension tonight. I’ve tried to be positive regarding Red but a few doubts are starting to creep into my head.
For players who don't start, it has to be discouraging every game to be sent in the game with your team behind.
That would mean your starters aren't doing their job.

For players who don't start, it has to be discouraging every game to be sent in the game with your team behind.
That would mean your starters aren't doing their job.

Yup our bench players are so good they always bring us back......

It doesn't matter who starts there isn't enough talent on the team to beat teams on a regular basis period. You can start Benny over Taylor the results will be the same it doesn't matter.

Might be a bit early to proclaim that, though there were a few hints of dissension tonight. I’ve tried to be positive regarding Red but a few doubts are starting to creep into my head.
if we get blown out at home, then we have a prob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom