Wake Forest Postgame Thoughts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Postgame Thoughts

Because of course success beyond our recruiting is guaranteed to us. It is our birthright! Wake up to reality, welp.
We’re going to learn how the other half lives. We’re going to learn what it’s like to not have the expectations created for us. We’re going to learn what it’s been like for 95% of the programs out there. I wish we weren’t. The game changed. Boeheims talents and his stubbornness didn’t adapt. We are experiencing correction to the mean.

Justin Taylor has a PER of 8.2 and a TS% of 43.3%. And starts.

But here’s my point by showing that — I’m not sure where on the list of the program’s issues this falls.

Honestly. I have no idea.
So you play Benny over Justin? Benny would‘t touch the floor or a uniform if he played for me.

A good reminder that this SU team was the #1 team in the country in terms of luck metrics just a few weeks ago (and still top 10). As in, SU came away with wins that, by their efficiencies, was not sustainable. The regression to the mean came.

This has always been who this team is - it's an incomplete roster and product. The evidence has been there and backed up for some time now.

So we just give up on him now?

The kid had an injury and needs to recover. He’s still a much better prospect than Taylor and Bell. Its not comparable. He’s a positive player Red brought in.
Who said give up on him? Consider him a bonus, but no coach should be looking at a twice (seriously) injured player as a central piece of their team. You don’t kick him the curb but you also don’t pencil him in a starter

Red better be ready to make the tough decisions this offseason. Program is in the dump. What a shame.

Well, it's his career that's on the line next year. Have to win 20, have to make the tournament.

What an absolute disgrace this game was.
-I know this roster is severely flawed. But lack of effort and a horrible attitude cannot be acceptable. Benny pushed through Red on the bench and was standing literally two rows behind the bench for much of the game just like he was a Boston College. He got a technical. He skipped the handshake line. What an absolute bust this kid is. But more importantly, red cannot allow this stuff to happen. This guy already had two or three strikes this year that we know of. Enough is enough.
-I know Bell is absolutely useless unless he hits his three-pointers. But his effort rebounding and defensively was even worse than usual. I can’t fathom why that kid got so much time in the second half. It looked like he actually posed on the garbage time dunk when we were down 29.
-I thought Judah did a lot of good things offensively and actually pushed the ball a little bit better. But he was absolutely cooked defensively by Miller and it worries me that Red has not taught him not to cheat so much for the steals.
-Quadir seemed to get into it on the bench with Red. This team really seems to have trouble with poise, and that is one of the many reasons it is susceptible to blowouts.
-I think any dream of a bubble chance died tonight. But I am more concerned about the future. Players don’t seem to be getting better and attitudes and effort are questionable at best

Any dream of the bubble died at BC.

as red said ...

istock_bankrx_unacceptable.jpg

hope red has enuf red ink in his stamp pad to last the season.

Who said give up on him? Consider him a bonus, but no coach should be looking at a twice (seriously) injured player as a central piece of their team. You don’t kick him the curb but you also don’t pencil him in a starter
Oh no - I’m just saying keep him. Everyone else, get them out.

The shoulder bump he gave to Red, spitting on the floor behind the bench and getting the T should warrant sprints forever this morning or a long vacation from the team. Actually the whole team should enjoy some early morning sprints for quitting yesterday.
How do you know he spit on the floor and not a garbage can? There are usually garbage cans behind the end of the bench. I hear what you're saying but there is a big difference there.

FSU must feel pretty bad losing and giving up 101 pts to a bad UofL team. At least Cuse has a good chance against Louisville on Wednesday, but who knows at this point. You’d at least hope Cuse will come out looking to kick some serious a$$.

FSU must feel pretty bad losing and giving up 101 pts to a bad UofL team. At least Cuse has a good chance against Louisville on Wednesday, but who knows at this point. You’d at least hope Cuse will come out looking to kick some serious a$$.
With the look of the team on the floor yesterday, I would say it’s 50-50 at best. They should beat L’ville on sheer will alone but they didn’t look like a team that wanted to suit up and play basketball.

With the look of the team on the floor yesterday, I would say it’s 50-50 at best. They should beat L’ville on sheer will alone but they didn’t look like a team that wanted to suit up and play basketball.
This team has 2 starting guards who play 30+ minutes a game.
They play Matador defense, and as long as that continues this will be a bad team.

Justin Taylor has a PER of 8.2 and a TS% of 43.3%. And starts.

But here’s my point by showing that — I’m not sure where on the list of the program’s issues this falls.

Honestly. I have no idea.
That's sort of where I'm at. Okay we never play Taylor again...we still stink.

Louisville will play hard no matter what. Can’t guarantee that with us.

i threw in the towel at halftime and handed my wife the remote. NO MAS . went to the kitchen and listened to the ensuing massacre on the radio. won't rewatch it today.
I didn't bother watching the 2nd half either. Started a movie w/ the wife instead. That would be unthinkable in years past, but I've done it a couple times this season.

Yeah dunno,... we had the swagger of a team that was ready to mail it in from the tip yesterday...

Red was trying to play good cop during the week with comments about us being a "young team" that will have it's ups and downs... Ok.

Then yesterday he throws them all under the bus as an "embarrassment" to the fans and program after verbal spats with players on the bench during the game.

No mincing words there. It looks like some lines were crossed and he's had enough.

Spoken like a coach ready to tell some players their time here is done.

We need an overhaul.

If now is the time for the hammer to come down, so be it I guess.

Start from scratch with Starling and Westry next year. Have Brown and Copeland off the bench.

Recruit over all the other players.
Have a feeling Copeland will be moving on if he isn’t starting next year

For those who think we’re just going to recruit over all the guys on the roster with better portal players, I think you might be a bit surprised when the best portal players don’t want to come here. Mediocre begets mediocre. I’m concerned.

We looked better in November in Hawaii than in February.
I'm now mentally prepared for a February swoon. But this is a dumpster dive.

For those who think we’re just going to recruit over all the guys on the roster with better portal players, I think you might be a bit surprised when the best portal players don’t want to come here. Mediocre begets mediocre. I’m concerned.

If Red can't get portal players to come here then Red isn't the person for the job. Fran has no issues getting high-level portal players here when the program has been less than mediocre.

Have a feeling Copeland will be moving on if he isn’t starting next year
I would expect him to move on, sitting behind 2 players like Bell, and Taylor all year should be enough for him to portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom