Wanna watch my new boy | Syracusefan.com

Wanna watch my new boy

Nets fan

Walk On
Anyone know where I can watch the Cuse, Iowa game? Looks like his best, just based on stats. Any help would be appreciated...

And if anybody wants to write a scouting report, or what we should expect from him, I'd appreciate that.

And if anybody wants to write a scouting report, or what we should expect from him, I'd appreciate that.
Pros: Athletic. Long. Better than average skills for a guy his size.
Cons: Ridiculously thin. Needs to add a lot of muscle. Struggles to get the ball up against stronger defenders around the rim due to his lack of bulk and muscle.

If he can ever add 20 pounds of muscle he could be a stud. But he won't be a real impact player until he gets stronger.

- Ballhandling good for his size, but nothing spectacular

- Good defender at the rim due to length. Has the agility to guard PFs and SFs

- Good midrange jumper that's tough to contest (high release, falls outta the sky)

- Doesn't finish strong at the rim. He can get above the rim easily but prefers finesse shots instead of just dunking

- Can get out-muscled down low and lose the battle for boards. Needs to develop strength in a hurry

-Can disappear for stretches or hit 4 shots in 4 straight trips down the court

I would put his biggest con as lack of finishing power like others have said. It would seem, from things I have seen on my TV, that finishing with power is sort of important in this NBA of yours so who knows how this plays out. I don't remember him ever dunking a ball. That doesn't mean he never dunked but remember he only played about 30 seconds for Syracuse and that was months ago.

Anyone know where I can watch the Cuse, Iowa game? Looks like his best, just based on stats. Any help would be appreciated...

Probably 2 years in the D league before he is ready to shine at the Barclay's Center. I see his offensive game being closer to Richard Jefferson's than Kenyon Martin's, and vice versa on the defensive end, to give you a couple of past Net comparisons.

You're going to be really excited for his potential if you watch the SU/Iowa game. You're going to be really scratching your head wondering why he was picked in the first round if you watch the SU/Colgate game.

I was pretty excited about his pro potential early on, but about 7 or 8 games into the season, teams had enough tape to see that he gets really frustrated if you play him super physical, so his production fell off markedly once teams started bumping and hacking him more. He's gotta get A LOT stronger, but I think he's got a really good combination of height, length, agility, and basic skills to work with. He'll be a project and a lot will depend on how hard he wants to work. He could be a steal at 26, or not make it at all... it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

My favorite CM game was against St Johns. He really showed toughness when it was clear the Johnnies straight up put a hit out on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom