Was it a late hit on 2? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Was it a late hit on 2?

Imagine if they’d flagged Riley Dixon for going nuts after his fake punt play, when the LSU kid acted like he punched him and flopped?

Sometimes, some common sense is needed. I can’t believe how stupid officials can get sometimes.

Flag Wax for unsportsmanlike if no trash talking is allowed(they don’t want to open that can - you either call all of those or none of those), and throw the Clemson QB out of the game for trying to cheat. I hate floppers.

It was terrible. Ball was behind him and hit him in the helmet. Uncatchable.
They saved their worst calls for when Clemson really needed them

Dino's teams have not been very disciplined in key moments. Which seems out of character for him and his leadership style. I don't get it.

One of the stupidest penalties I've EVER seen from a team leader...now wonder we get flagged nonstopped even our "leaders" do stupid stuff

We get so many of these stupid penalties that it's tough to get the benefit of the doubt if the other guy is flopping.

Wax was guilty of the contact and Klubnik was guilty of the softest, weakest "I just got shot" flop of all time. I truly and cannot say this with enough vile believe he's angered the football gods and Clemson will pay a price

Also, Klubnik looks like a walking talking manifestation of a Chic-fil-a commercial

I said in the game thread that I love our defense but I hate how many of them stand over an opponent and stare down at them after a tackle (likely woofing).

While it’s part of every game, I’ll always believe it has a negative impact on any official who has to repeatedly assess that type of behavior after most plays.

Gottta imagine a few refs have gotten sick of paying attention to that nonsense to determine if it was taunting and just flagged em.

I also imagine most refs have warned our guys once to cut it out and then just said Eph it, here’s a flag.

I said in the game thread that I love our defense but I hate how many of them stand over an opponent and stare down at them after a tackle (likely woofing).

While it’s part of every game, I’ll always believe it has a negative impact on any official who has to repeatedly assess that type of behavior after most plays.

Gottta imagine a few refs have gotten sick of paying attention to that nonsense to determine if it was taunting and just flagged em.

I also imagine most refs have warned our guys once to cut it out and then just said Eph it, here’s a flag.
that ref messed up several key calls.. much like the punt roughing call.

My post was generally speaking, I didn’t notice the specific ref you’re talking about (but don’t doubt it).

True. I’m the ref and I see Wax barely brush against Kubnicks, (unfortunate last name), chest - Klubnick collapses backwards, I say, get up, give me the ball and get back on the field and stop trying to get an unwarranted penalty.

Over on the Clemson board they are talking about how the refs screwed them over because Wax should have been ejected from the game.

True. I’m the ref and I see Wax barely brush against Kubnicks, (unfortunate last name), chest - Klubnick collapses backwards, I say, get up, give me the ball and get back on the field and stop trying to get an unwarranted penalty.
If the stripe let that go he is getting that noted in their review of the game(which they do after every game). It doesn't take too many of those to end up working the AstroBlueBonnet Bowl as your post-season assignment.

The rationalization that is going on for Wax on that play is crazy.

Over on the Clemson board they are talking about how the refs screwed them over because Wax should have been ejected from the game.
Oh my. Wow. That's some serious delusion. What do they have to say about the hit on Shrader in the first Q? Fans (other than Cuse) just suck.

That call bothered me, as well. Watching the replay it appeared the SU player was startled when the punter tapped him with his foot.

The problem I have with the call on Wax is similar to the game last year with the different treatment of the QBs. Klubnik gets bumped - 15 yard penalty. Shrader takes a headshot - no penalty.

I always figure that when an underdog is playing they have to overcome the other team and the refs.

I don't know that this is the correct thread for this question, but it seems ref related -- so here goes.

Question for the group: why was the Clemson center allowed to do that thing where he abruptly points outward before he snaps the ball? Seems like that type of movement is designed to simulate rapid forward momentum and try to draw the DL offsides -- why isn't that a penalty? Seems like they did it just about every snap.

Last edited:
Oh my. Wow. That's some serious delusion. What do they have to say about the hit on Shrader in the first Q? Fans (other than Cuse) just suck.
I don’t think he was actually serious.

my issue with punt plays is that we have reviews for targeting because it happens and its hard to tell in real time.

Now we have a play where its the only job the ref has to look at. All he has to decide is did he get hit, how hard, and did the player get blocked into him. Great that he decided it was minimal contact , but if we have a play that contact is required and the ref misses it why cant they ask for a review of it. Its a call the refs get wrong quite often.

they review PF calls in other cases during a game, but you cant review one on a sideline, where a ref who again has 1 job fails to do it well.

So its what I saw

Im not surprised then

God I hate those plays. We all know Marlowe knows better and wouldnt. But thats when I got the feeling today wasnt our day.

Id hate to be the tarheels against us now.

Go Orange

You have faith sir.

I knew chaos was coming when they overturned a 50/50 targeting call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom