Watch your step in the dome this year | Syracusefan.com

Watch your step in the dome this year

ar inj

2nd String

From Gameday FAQs: A to Z @ Syracuse Athletics (their capitalization, my underline):

Aisle Policy

To ensure fan safety and the enjoyment of events at the Carrier Dome, sitting or standing in the aisles, stairways or Vomitories is not permitted. Fans will be asked to return to their ticketed seats. Standing on metal bleachers, or chairs is also prohibited.

As a courtesy to others, guests are asked to refrain from walking down the aisles during play and the playing of the National Anthem.

From Gameday FAQs: A to Z @ Syracuse Athletics (their capitalization, my underline):

Aisle Policy

To ensure fan safety and the enjoyment of events at the Carrier Dome, sitting or standing in the aisles, stairways or Vomitories is not permitted. .

Vomitory is one strange word.

guests are asked to refrain from walking down the aisles during play
That might hurt the concessions just a little. Good thing nobody will follow that rule.

Definition of vomitory
plural vomitories
:an entrance piercing the banks of seats of a theater, amphitheater, or stadium

Admit it, you looked it up also. :p
I thought I knew what it meant, but apparently not!

I thought I knew what it meant, but apparently not!

I imagine you were thinking of vomitorium.

vom·i·to·ri·um
ˌväməˈtôrēəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    each of a series of entrance or exit passages in an ancient Roman amphitheater or theater.
  2. 2.
    a place in which, according to popular misconception, the ancient Romans are supposed to have vomited during feasts to make room for more food.

As a courtesy to others, guests are asked to refrain from walking down the aisles during play

Yes!! Please enforce this. It’s so bad that I basically have from like the 15 minute mark to the 3 minute mark of each half to actually watch the game. The rest of the time is spent letting these dorks walk in and out of the aisle, to and from their seats, stepping on everyone’s shoes along the way. Get to the game on time, stay in your seat until halftime, or if you absolutely must...the closest timeout until halftime and in that case, do NOT come back during play.

I don’t know why this is hard. If you’re there to watch the game and aren’t a moron with zero regard for others who do want to watch the game, it shouldn’t be an issue.

No one had better get in my way when I need to get to the vomitorium, especially in the second half during a Saturday evening game.

Can they just change the name from vomitorium to something else?

I mean it seems like a place where people go to vomit than the actual definition of it.

Well, second thoughts maybe that's where the definition came from, maybe enough Cuse fans vomited there during the Grob years for Websters to add it?

Yes!! Please enforce this. It’s so bad that I basically have from like the 15 minute mark to the 3 minute mark of each half to actually watch the game. The rest of the time is spent letting these dorks walk in and out of the aisle, to and from their seats, stepping on everyone’s shoes along the way. Get to the game on time, stay in your seat until halftime, or if you absolutely must...the closest timeout until halftime and in that case, do NOT come back during play.

I don’t know why this is hard. If you’re there to watch the game and aren’t a moron with zero regard for others who do want to watch the game, it shouldn’t be an issue.

The rules you suggest are enforced at the Verizon Center during Washington Caps games.

The rules you suggest are enforced at the Verizon Center during Washington Caps games.

Awesome. Should be that way everywhere. I wouldn’t dream of getting up while play is going on and walking in front of people, or of walking into my seat while play is going on. In that case, you wait for a timeout. I thought that was universal, but half the Dome just comes and goes as it pleases. It’s gotten bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom