watching stanford makes me feel better | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

watching stanford makes me feel better

They are in year 3 of a rebuild and needed the weather to break right to finally beat us in year one of our rebuild.
I don't know about that - if they don't give us 2 points and fumble on a certain TD we aren't in that game. I think stats are misleading us into thinking we were in that game. They handed us our lunch all day, and I think the conditions helped us stay close.

I don't know about that - if they don't give us 2 points and fumble on a certain TD we aren't in that game. I think stats are misleading us into thinking we were in that game. They handed us our lunch all day, and I think the conditions helped us stay close.

Could not disagree more. Plus this goes the other way too - we don't throw a pick in the end zone at the half and score instead, they are playing catchup with a team that isn't built for that. We were even on the day for TO's - so that's a wash. We had more yards, more yards per run, and more yards per pass, more yards per play - and we had our lowest output of the year offensively. They are bad against the pass, and due to the weather, we couldn't pass. They are bad on offense and can't play from behind.

This game in the dome? 14 point win.

Could not disagree more. Plus this goes the other way too - we don't throw a pick in the end zone at the half and score instead, they are playing catchup with a team that isn't built for that. We were even on the day for TO's - so that's a wash. We had more yards, more yards per run, and more yards per pass, more yards per play - and we had our lowest output of the year offensively. They are bad against the pass, and due to the weather, we couldn't pass. They are bad on offense and can't play from behind.

This game in the dome? 14 point win.
I didn't study it close enough but I thought yards were even (and slightly in their favor) and yards per pass was even or within two tenths. Two long runs skew all that to help us. watching the game, and only my opinion, they won 70% of the plays.

They won most plays, for sure. They can run. We can't

We.Must.Find.A.Way.To.Run

both teams had a TO in the endzone. it could just as easily been a fumble recovery and an Ish TD at the half and we would have been leading the entire 2nd half and maybe Wake starts to press and throw and the game totally changes. playing from the lead made it much easier on them when we couldnt throw to open the field.

both teams had a TO in the endzone. it could just as easily been a fumble recovery and an Ish TD at the half and we would have been leading the entire 2nd half and maybe Wake starts to press and throw and the game totally changes. playing from the lead made it much easier on them when we couldnt throw to open the field.

I didn't study it close enough but I thought yards were even (and slightly in their favor) and yards per pass was even or within two tenths. Two long runs skew all that to help us. watching the game, and only my opinion, they won 70% of the plays.

The fumble was our defensive guy making a play at the goal line. Those happen all the time in football. It's not a fluke.

For as bad as our D is in the open field, they've been impressive when they're lined up with their backs against our own goal line. 3 goal line stands so far?

OK, we get it. ;)

They won most plays, for sure. They can run. We can't

We.Must.Find.A.Way.To.Run

71-101, by my reckoning: Winning Plays - Wake Forest

It is fun to imagine if we'd fallen on the bad punt snap for 7 points, lofted that pass at the end of the half a bit more and Fredericks' fumble was called an incomplete pass which I think it was. Syracuse 21 Wake Forest 21.

We have the right system. We have the right guy (Dino) in place. I firmly believe that if Nick Saban was named SU coach last December, we would be 2-4/(maybe) 3-3 right now. The pool of talent on this roster is shallow, young, injured, and unevenly balanced. That is tough to overcome for anyone. (not trying to chide S.Shafer, just the reality of SU's scenario at hand)

This Dino "cake-batter" storyline is taking shape all around us. It is called player development. Today, tomorrow, next week, next month, this coming offseason. It's nearly constant. And the story, I firmly believe, will end quite well. We just don't know exactly when things will turn for the better, and for many fans, that can be frustrating. And that's understandable.

That said, I gently suggest embracing the process instead of fighting it or trying to hasten its completion. It'll be more rewarding when the worm does turn, whenever that exactly is.

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” - Aristotle

Is that the first time Aristotle has been quoted on this board? It might be. :confused: