Watershed game | Syracusefan.com

Watershed game

kcsu

Living Legend
Extremely important game today. On the road tough weather conditions aside the team needs to continue to make positive strides and build on last week. If we win we will go bowling. Gotta have this one.

Let's be careful here. Win or lose we are still a year or two away. Slow and steady progress is what I'm looking for. I don't think we are going to wake up one day and be relevant.

Let's be careful here. Win or lose we are still a year or two away. Slow and steady progress is what I'm looking for. I don't think we are going to wake up one day and be relevant.
of course.

but there is no need to not want to get to a crappy bowl this year.

plus...its bc!! screw them.

WIN!!!

end of story.

Yeah, I tend to agree. A loss would hurt, especially after last week, but we're so early in this rebuild, that a win shouldn't be expected. I don't think one good win means you've turned the corner. It's a glimpse of what we can consistently be with more time. When Syracuse consistently performs the way they did against a really good Va Tech squad, then we've arrived. I'll be one sad orange fan with a loss today, but my eye is on the prize further down the road.

I think that's it. I am not sure we are consistently good yet. Occasionally great as Dino says. Which is still super promising. I'm keeping expectations low so I won't be disappointed. But I'm forever hopeful we get "there" faster.

Win today and we equal last years win total.

One can argue positive trending if we win today and grab one or two more to finish the year. Going back to Marrone:

4-8
8-5
5-7
8-5
7-6
3-9
4-8
3-4*

We are two years removed from a bowl. 42-52 since the Gerg Era, with three bowls in six years. Get a bowl this year and we are back to "mediocre" and no longer "bad".

Last week was great ... Made up for the Wake game and then some, cannot afford a slide back today.

Win today, enjoy the bye, and focus on Clemson, NC State, FSU, and Pitt to try and manufacture a couple more wins, more positive buzz, and a bowl game with the all important extra reps and practices.

But it must start with a win today ... Keep the positive vibes flowing.

I really want a win today. Dino is here to win, not just give it the good old college try. He can be really graceful and yet shows significant passion, not a bad combination in his profession. We're fortunate. Wake Forest was valuable experience and I think Dino is smart enough to make good use of it. It's really only momentum if we keep rolling. LGO!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom