Way too early look at next years roster. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Way too early look at next years roster.

Trust me i'm not really confident in anyone outside of Foy. It's pretty scary, but i'd be willing to bet any JC OT that we would be able to pick up right about now wouldn't be much better then the options we already have. I remember when they thought they needed to offer Lasker as a Sophmore because they didn't think they'd be able to sign him if he played another year at Junior College. I guess what I am saying is the type of kid we would bring in unless it's a Chad Mavety type stud , it would be a crap shoot anyways. Just looking at the guys we have brought in, other then Darius Kelly, who has been really really good, I don't think any were much more then bodies. I guess i'd rather just use the scholarship on a HS kid, who you can get back as a Sophmore with 2 years of development in the program. If we were contenders for the conference title I would be for JC guys, but us still trying to build up the program, I think you have to do that with player development. Just my opinion.

Good to hear. He was one of my favorite commits last year. Kind of wish he would have used a red shirt this year, but hopefully the experience he gained on ST's, and traveling with the team will help.

I don't think I think Reed has done a good job. I thought he did a good job of tightening up the secondary this season. Maybe some of that was personnel wise, but Reddish has made significant improvements, and our safety play has been really strong. I think we won't know his full coaching capabilities until next year when we get some kids in their who are truly his guys, and are going to be needed to step up to play good football.

Our safeties tackled poorly and I wouldn't say their play was very strong at all. I held my breath every time a safety had to make an open field tackle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom