We don't gain anything by playing gtown anymore. | Syracusefan.com

We don't gain anything by playing gtown anymore.

Orangefan1

All Conference
Nor nova or any catholic school. All they do is hurt us if they are legitimate. We will have a tough enough times I. The acc.

Nor nova or any catholic school. All they do is hurt us if they are legitimate. We will have a tough enough times I. The acc.

I agree.

Right mow they are saying they will play again. Some of that is to keep the press from making this a big topic of discussion.

When reality sinks in they may try and schedule a few games. But their hearts will not be in it.

Who the cares about playing them ever again.

Enjoy the new A-10 and never selling out ever again.

Who the cares about playing them ever again.

Enjoy the new A-10 and never selling out ever again.

Selling out? Selling out?

Georgetown on the Big East rarely has more than half full Verizon Center. They will be so far from selling out, its not funny.

Their new goal should be to sell 8,000 tickets. But there isn't any sell-outs in their future unless they can talk Maryland to a game.

I agree.

Right mow they are saying they will play again. Some of that is to keep the press from making this a big topic of discussion.

When reality sinks in they may try and schedule a few games. But their hearts will not be in it.
Agree there really is no point in continuing to play Georgetown, we will still be able to recruit the East Coast in a better league. Playing them will legitimize their new league, and there is no reason to do that.

Playing Nova and beating them helps recruiting the city of Phildelphia.

Playing an out of conference schedule with a pulse makes us a better team. Its not like the ACC is the be all end all. Look at this year. Big East is as good as the ACC. We played another lackluster OOC schedule. Tougher games earlier in the year shows a coach/fans/media/themselves what they are made of and gives them a chance to change course. In all reality our early schedule never really tested us. We lost to Temple in our home away from home. Temple is not very good. I would love to keep Gtown and Nova alternating on the schedule every year since it would provide a good test for the team.

Yes...let's run from teams that we've played for generations. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Disagree. We have a clear recruiting base in balt/dc from melo and need to continue to play there

Disagree. We have a clear recruiting base in balt/dc from melo and need to continue to play there

This.

With UMD gone, we need to maintain a presence in the DMV area that has been so essential to our recruiting.

I am old school on this. I want to play them each year for hate sake.

I think SU wants to keep a presence in New York, Philly and DC to satisfy the fan base and for recruiting purposes. We've already scheduled St. John's, and I'll be surprised if we don't line something up with Nova and Georgetown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see us continue scheduling games against Georgetown. A lot of Cuse hoops fans want SU to play tougher out-of-conference teams and the Hoyas would probably be at the top of their list.

What do we have to gain by playing them? Besides the continuation of our biggest rivalry, we would play a quality out-of-conference opponent every year, and Cuse fans along the northeast corridor would have a game to attend during the year's when St. Johns plays in the Dome.

I'm hearing Michigan hates Ohio so much that they hope they leave the conference and never have to play them again. Pure hate.

I'm hearing Michigan hates Ohio so much that they hope they leave the conference and never have to play them again. Pure hate.

If Ohio State played Al Qaeda, I'd root for Al Qaeda.

But at least Michigan would never have to play them again.

The Michigan-Ohio rivalry is a completely different animal. It's the hatred between two states that goes back to the early 1800's. Hell, Michigan and Ohio had a war!

Syracuse-Georgetown is built on John Thompson being an and their students being a bunch of douchebags.

If Ohio State played Al Qaeda, I'd root for Al Qaeda.
Except last Tuesday when Ohio State beat Indiana and allowed Michigan to win tomorrow and grab a share of the B1G title.

Except last Tuesday when Ohio State beat Indiana and allowed Michigan to win tomorrow and grab a share of the B1G title.

That's when you just root for a meteor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom