We got any tennis guys/gals? | Syracusefan.com

We got any tennis guys/gals?

We Are Syracuse

All Conference
Australian Open! Who do you all have winners on the mens and women's side? I am a huge Federer fan but I do not see much of a run for him with his brutal draw.

Guys I will go with a huge surprise in Jo Willy Tsonga.
Women's I will have to go with Queen Bee Serena.

Some great young players on the mens side. Love Zverev and Thiem. Both will be very special.

The girl has been up until 4am (8am eastern) every night since Sunday. I've been bailing around midnight.

She says Kerber wins the womens, Murry for mens (but she's pulling for Raonic)

Didn't see this thread until now. It feels like we've gone back in time a few years. An all Williams sisters final and Federer in the final as well. If Nadal can beat Dimitrov, I might have to stay up throughout the night Saturday into Sunday. That would be a must watch match. It's been a pretty good tournament with a lot of amazing side stories. How about Lucic-Baroni, making a semifinal 19 years after her first semi, after being forced to basically retire for 7 years due to financial problems. Pretty incredible stuff.

Nadal might be my 2nd favorite all time after McEnroe, but Federer is probably the best all time. When he is on, he is amazing in his precision. Never a wrong step.
The all Williams final, at this stage in their careers, is amazing. I don't know if it speaks more to them or a lack of top talent to challenge them. I am inclined to the former.
(My brother got to be a hitting partner for the Williams' for a few days when he was at Chris Evert's academy in Boca. This was many years ago when the dad was still coaching them. FWIW: Liked the girls. Not so much the dad.)

Let's hear it for the alter kockers! Too bad this alter kocker won't be up watching at 3am.

I'm no tennis expert but follow it. Steffi has always been my favorite, but I think it's pretty clear Serena is the GOAT. She's still winning majors at 35! Who does that???? I've always liked Federer so happy to see him rack up another major. If he could just get over the French Open issue, I'd have to think he'd be pretty close to GOAT, and maybe even without doing it.