We have heard we are going 4 guards deep this year... | Syracusefan.com

We have heard we are going 4 guards deep this year...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Anyone like the idea of Joseph ending up as a true SG and Howard as a true point.

I think unlike our other teams this could be the best scenerio for this team.
We need to sub for both Cooney and Gbinijes roles differently which could be tough for a combo guard.

We don't need our 3rd guard to score as much, but still to drive the lane and fight for a whistle or two when cooney is off the floor. I feel this way because Gbinije can take over still even with Cooney on the bench.

Asking Cooney to take over many games offensively as a 1st option when G is out is asking alot. We need a scorer to step up when he is out. we might be better off going no point and with Cooney and Kaleb both forcing when Gbinije is out some games.

Its tough for 2 unexperienced kids to learn and practice both positions at the same time.

Only two guards in the backcourt. PG is somewhat unselfish but demanding to run the offense and not off of only 1-2 bounces. Sg should lean selfish to very selfish and forcing some shots unless we want Lydon ending up 30 feet from the basket more out of necessity rather then a set piece.

Last edited:
I like the idea of Kaleb as a scoring punch off the bench at SG. That said, I think G and Cooney are going to get 36+ minutes in any meaningful games. What Kaleb and Howard do in their 4 minutes is going to matter little.

I'd like to see them get some more time, especially with G and Cooney leaving after this season, but that's just not how JB rolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of Kaleb as a scoring punch off the bench at SG. That said, I think G and Cooney are going to get 36+ minutes in any meaningful games. What Kaleb and Howard do in their 4 minutes is going to matter little.

I'd like to see them get some more time, especially with G and Cooney leaving after this season, but that's just not how JB rolls.

Of course they're going to get 36+ in meaningful games, they're getting more than that in meaningless games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom