We just have to throw, throw, throw | Syracusefan.com

We just have to throw, throw, throw

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Five wide, put a man in motion every once in awhile, stop with the scariest shovel passes in football, never hand off again.

The only reason to run is because we believe either a) we actually can make a competent ground game in-season happen or b) the other plays don't work without the "threat" of the occasional handoff.

I'm not sure either are true.

Let's see some balls in the air, sports fans. Lotta balls.

Next season we try again.

Five wide, put a man in motion every once in awhile, stop with the scariest shovel passes in football, never hand off again.

The only reason to run is because we believe either a) we actually can make a competent ground game in-season happen or b) the other plays don't work without the "threat" of the occasional handoff.

Agree. How many times did things turn out poorly when we threw Erv or Ish’s way today? Just get the ball to our best players and see what happens. Let Eric run when it is there.

We need 82 on the field. Irv Ish Butler and Mo. Playmakers.

Agree with OP. Watching OSU vs TT now and even with OSU's stud rb I'd just throw. Play to your strength (ED) in our case.

Ok. Sure.

Do you see how much we pass vs run?

And another thing... we need Moe Neal on the field more, catching passes.

More Neal and more Pierce.

Less Strickland.

If these freshman WR’s can’t stop dropping the ball or committing stupid penalties, then less of them too.

Do you mean it isn't good when your starting RB has 140 yards five games in? That is one game for some RBs. Or the fact that he has only 2.745 ypc which is almost impossible to do? Or 3.363 for his career? Meanwhile other RBs on the team have over 5 ypc?

It is baffling how bad our running game is. The system is built to take advantage of the D. Spread them out and run or if they don't spread out hit them with a short pass. So how against 6 in the box are we getting less than 5 ypc let alone less than 2.75 ypc five games in?

If it weren't for Dungey we would have the worst running game of all time.

More Neal and more Pierce.

Less Strickland.

If these freshman WR’s can’t stop dropping the ball or committing stupid penalties, then less of them too.
I still don't think Pierce is that great, but sure.

I still don't think Pierce is that great, but sure.

How on earth could you come to that conclusion? He's had all of 15 carries.

He could stink but unfair to pass judgement at this point.

Are you thinking Pierre? I'm talking about Peirce, the tight end.

Reading comprehension issue. Talking about running game and my eyes deceived me. My bad.

Squeeze every last ounce of production out of Ish/Erv/Rav.

Give them 20 receptions a game I don't give a hell. They are better than the oppositions D and won't be around forever.