We just saw a man's current career end | Syracusefan.com

We just saw a man's current career end

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
It feels impossible for us to improve enough over the course of this season to return to a bowl.

Babers is done. The decision to punt sealed it for me.

I had really high hopes. I don't know what happened, but he's not the guy we hired anymore.

I'm ready for a change.

It feels impossible for us to improve enough over the course of this season to return to a bowl.

I had really high hopes. I don't know what happened, but he's not the guy we hired anymore.

I'm ready for a change.
He was hired as a riverboat gambler, he'll be fired as Pasqualoni and Deleone. Conservative to the nth degree. He came in an offensive guru and got his quarterback and proceeded to create an offense that is so predictable that multiple opposing coaches and players openly talk about it in press conferences. I so wanted Dino to be successful. He'll leave here as a failure.

I really wanted him to succeed. I wanted him to be the guy. But it’s clear at this point it won’t happen here.

I’m not sure we can compete in the ACC by hiring MAC or AAC coaches. To recruit to Syracuse, I think we need a big name. But I don’t know if we can pay that guy. So I’m starting to wonder, after 20 years of this, if this is just what we are.

In a medium that Dino will understand

Attachments

• C520CF50-8111-4C55-8A44-FFE91DBD0E09.gif
    C520CF50-8111-4C55-8A44-FFE91DBD0E09.gif
    771.3 KB · Views: 115
I really wanted him to succeed. I wanted him to be the guy. But it’s clear at this point it won’t happen here.

I’m not sure we can compete in the ACC by hiring MAC or AAC coaches. To recruit to Syracuse, I think we need a big name. But I don’t know if we can pay that guy. So I’m starting to wonder, after 20 years of this, if this is just what we are.

We’re duke without the success in basketball anymore. Just meh.

I was questioning him 2 seasons ago. Too many people got caught up in the cool press conferences and didn’t care what was actually happening on the field. There was so much wrong going on it didn’t seem like just a bad season. Throw in average at best recruiting and poor coaching hires. He should have been let go last year if there was $

If this team wins more than 3 games I'll be surprised.
There is some talent on defense. But this mistake fest was atrocious and totally frustrating.

I'm ready for a change.

It was over last year, to many Dino fans used Covid and other excuses when it was clear this team felt an offensive standpoint is incompetent. Year 6 and it's still the same issues, no qb, horrific playcalling, a dozen penalties a game, zero clue in clock management and down and distance. Wildhack should call Marrone Monday, and make it happen