We Looked Like Roberson & the 7 Dwarfs out there Yesterday | Syracusefan.com

We Looked Like Roberson & the 7 Dwarfs out there Yesterday

newmexicuse

All Conference
It is not too often when the only positive in the game is the play of one guy.

Nobody else brought anything to the table last might.

The only other positive thing I saw was the late splurge by Trevor for the second straight game, which shows that if he only plays 31 to 32 minutes that he will have something left in the tank at the end. Too bad he started the game w the tank empty. Hope Coach has learned something about that.

Okafur is real good, possibly or even probably #1 overall, but I can't help but wonder if he is THAT much better than Rak or if he is just in Rak's head ? The Rak we have seen against Duke is nothing like the guy we have seen against everybody else. Last two games could be huge for Rak's draft status.

Not much else to add about a totally blah outing by our guys.

The only other positive thing I saw was the late splurge by Trevor for the second straight game, which shows that if he only plays 31 to 32 minutes that he will have something left in the tank at the end. Too bad he started the game w the tank empty. Hope Coach has learned something about that.

Okafur is real good, possibly or even probably #1 overall, but I can't help but wonder if he is THAT much better than Rak or if he is just in Rak's head ? The Rak we have seen against Duke is nothing like the guy we have seen against everybody else. Last two games could be huge for Rak's draft status.

One Ok is a true 5, Rak is really a 4. Thats a tough matchup. Two, we had 2 players that duk was not guarding . Those guys could help w Rak wo worrying about much else. Duke did not have 2 guys we could leave. You could see every time a guy helped on Ok, he was still hedging on his guy too. Makes a big diff imo

Rak was 2nd round regardless

Our best player is at the 5, they just happen to have the best Center in country right now. We also don't have a pg, Duke happens to have a very good one. Its just a bad matchup for us.

One difference is that Okafor has a decent back up. Rak knows he's got to play. I think when he goes against Okafor he freaks out a little bit.

I still contend Rak played really well in the 1st game-----just missed on a ton of good looks. I'll concede he was pretty underwhelming in the 2nd game.

dundundun said:
I still contend Rak played really well in the 1st game-----just missed on a ton of good looks. I'll concede he was pretty underwhelming in the 2nd game.

First game was better. Okafor had better stats but most were on the break or from easy plays set up by Jones and Cook penetration, and like you said, Rak was just a bit of bad luck from having his normal 20ish points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom