We need a new sports network | Syracusefan.com

We need a new sports network

Doctor44

2nd String
I'm all fired up for this college football season, but ESPN just beats a dead horse with everything- Brett Favre - retiring, unretiring. Arod, Tiger, Mark Sanchez vs Geno Smith.

It's the same thing with their CFB coverage - all im getting is Johnny Manziel, Alabama, North Carolina vs. South Carolina and Clemson Vs. Georgia. There's 125 schools. Mix it up

hit on Syracuse once in a while, geez even tell me about some of the other SEC teams like Florida or Arkansas. Haven't even heard about Notre Dame much. A little bit on Texas and OU, but not much else. There's gotta be coordinator changes and lots of other decent players who haven't been mentioned much.

Okay rant over, but seriously, we need a new sports network for college sports.

its one of the pitfalls of being a SU fan...no national coverage. Schein will sometimes throw a cuse shoutout on air

I'm all fired up for this college football season, but ESPN just beats a dead horse with everything- Brett Favre - retiring, unretiring. Arod, Tiger, Mark Sanchez vs Geno Smith.

It's the same thing with their CFB coverage - all im getting is Johnny Manziel, Alabama, North Carolina vs. South Carolina and Clemson Vs. Georgia. There's 125 schools. Mix it up

hit on Syracuse once in a while, geez even tell me about some of the other SEC teams like Florida or Arkansas. Haven't even heard about Notre Dame much. A little bit on Texas and OU, but not much else. There's gotta be coordinator changes and lots of other decent players who haven't been mentioned much.

Except that the one in question is bankrolling our athletic department.

http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-footbl/2013-14_m-footbl_release.pdf

This won't help much -but the link ^^ contains a lot of information on ACC football --and on 2nd or 3rd page there is a good bit of media info. Including the local TV stations that carry " ACC FB Game of the Week" (ACC Network thru Raycom sports). These are the games usually broadcast at 12:30pm. So you can check out what stations will carry the Cuse and other ACC games. These are usually 4th or 5th choices after ABC/ESPN makes their picks to televise. Also contains something on the satellite radio coverage.
I'm glad to see Syracuse joining the ACC - good luck vs Penn St.

Also the pitfall of being the fan of a program that hasn't been ranked in 12 years.
True, but there's not much coverage of any of the programs in the top 25. I also think that if theyre funding all the athletic departments in the country, they should be promoting all their games

True, but there's not much coverage of any of the programs in the top 25. I also think that if theyre funding all the athletic departments in the country, they should be promoting all their games

Well, there are 3 national cable sports networks that cover college football aside from the one you're talking about, 2 broadcast networks, a couple dozen regional sports networks, and a bajillion websites. So there's no lack of choice if you're not happy.

:)

You aren't looking for a new sports network. You are looking in the mirror with your Orange-colored glasses.

So I take from this that you feel about Alabama, Texas A&M, Clemson and Georgia how the rest of America feels about North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse and a select few other programs during basketball season??

Is that how you feel?

ESPN is in the business of ratings. Not appeasing fanbases of programs that haven't won anything in forever.

If and when 'Cuse is undefeated going into the Clemson game, they'll get lots of hype... Until then, forget it.

We've got two of them - FoxOne and NBC SN. They need to fill up their schedules, but ESPN started out showing some really crappy programming when they first started, too.