We Need a Star | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We Need a Star

I've watched SJU play at least 15x this year. He'd immediately be our best player and it wouldn't be close.
Can he play point?

I'm very familiar with Reynolds. Lynn Greer III was the PG this year for SJU. Reynolds could play PG but he would be the primary scorer for SU. He's lightening quick and and a far better 3 point shooter than anybody currently on our squad - I know low bar. Lastly, from what I've seen he has an excellent attitude and would be an immediate upgrade in the character department.
Why is there discussion about Erik Reynolds? Is there a specific reason to believe there’s mutual interest and/or that he’s going into the portal? And why would he? I don’t know anything about him.

Oh— never mind that last question. I thought “SJU” was St John’s….

Why is there discussion about Erik Reynolds? Is there a specific reason to believe there’s mutual interest and/or that he’s going into the portal? And why would he? I don’t know anything about him.

Oh— never mind that last question. I thought “SJU” was St John’s….
Recruited by Straughn at St. Joes.

He's more of a combo. I think he's a better version of JJ, but not a true point. It may or may not work.
I just watched a few game highlight videos of his. He does look like a hybrid of Judah+JJ.
Seemed like a willing passer, but they were of course just highlights. He just seems to be decisive in his passing, not passing as a last resort, after being defended well. Again—just a flash assessment. He's quick, though. Nice form on the jumper, and he doesn't need a lot of space or to be baited into taking it.

Only one defensive play was shown. How is he in that respect?

I just watched a few game highlight videos of his. He does look like a hybrid of Judah+JJ.
Seemed like a willing passer, but they were of course just highlights. He just seems to be decisive in his passing, not passing as a last resort, after being defended well. Again—just a flash assessment. He's quick, though. Nice form on the jumper, and he doesn't need a lot of space or to be baited into taking it.

I wouldn't say he's an elite defender, but he's better than JJ and will play hard every possession. Obviously not something Judah did.

Hadn't seen him play, but is he a faciliatator at the 1? 2.6 assists a game is close to half of what Judah did.
He's not a PG imo but in any event Lynn Greer III was SJU's PG this season.

Defense is just ok. His team as a whole was very poor defensively this season. No reason he can't improve on D as he has decent length and is very athletic.