We need another big | Syracusefan.com

We need another big

kcsu

Living Legend
If JB wants another final 4 trip next year could be it if we add another Big. Chewy cant do it alone and im concerned that Sid has a serious chronic tendonitis issue that may shelve his career. Time to beat the bushes. Transfer, Juco, Euro .

If JB wants another final 4 trip next year could be it if we add another Big. Chewy cant do it alone and im concerned that Sid has a serious chronic tendonitis issue that may shelve his career. Time to beat the bushes. Transfer, Juco, Euro .

May want to settle down on the old chronic tendinitis diagnosis Dr. K. Seems a little extreme less than 2 months into his stay at Syracuse to say this.
If you can get a quality big that's cool but this high school class is pretty weak up front so no point in adding someone just to add someone. Adding in Bazley to the forward mix and the freshman getting a year older (and stronger) should help solve some of the depth issues.

May want to settle down on the old chronic tendinitis diagnosis Dr. K. Seems a little extreme less than 2 months into his stay at Syracuse to say this.
If you can get a quality big that's cool but this high school class is pretty weak up front so no point in adding someone just to add someone. Adding in Bazley to the forward mix and the freshman getting a year older (and stronger) should help solve some of the depth issues.
I hope you are correct. My fear is that it is Chronic which simply means it will come and go but always be a potential problem. Im not counting on him getting to the point that he can help us as this is something that unfortunately is very difficult to heal.

I'm thinking Marek might grow into a backup 5 over the next year or 2 as well. With an extra 20 lbs on his frame he should be ok against the majority of college 5s. Not a lot of Kennedy Meeks types out there these days.

Definitely need another big, maybe two. What if Chukwu decides he wants to move on. He will graduate, no?

As for Sidibe, it is premature to say his career is in jeopardy. However, tendinitis tends to be a chronic/recurring problem for many. As someone with a medical background, I would hook him up with a naturopath and see if there are any dietary changes that can be made to help with inflammation. He's originally from Africa which has far less processed food than here in the states. I'm not saying that's what's causing Sidibe's health issues, but it's an element that's worth exploring.

So... like I was saying, we need to be prioritizing the center position. Marek has subbed in remarkably well against smaller teams,but I don't think it's fair to him or his development to expect him to play the 5 on anything more than an emergency basis.

Definitely need another big, maybe two. What if Chukwu decides he wants to move on. He will graduate, no?

As for Sidibe, it is premature to say his career is in jeopardy. However, tendinitis tends to be a chronic/recurring problem for many. As someone with a medical background, I would hook him up with a naturopath and see if there are any dietary changes that can be made to help with inflammation. He's originally from Africa which has far less processed food than here in the states. I'm not saying that's what's causing Sidibe's health issues, but it's an element that's worth exploring.

So... like I was saying, we need to be prioritizing the center position. Marek has subbed in remarkably well against smaller teams,but I don't think it's fair to him or his development to expect him to play the 5 on anything more than an emergency basis.
While I 100 percent agree we need another big, why would PC go anywhere? Unless we land a stud big man(not looking that way right now), PC is looking at playing 40 minutes a game(unless foul trouble). If he plays as well as he has lately, JB will stick with him. He’ll be a vet and have even more experience. It’d be tough for anyone to beat that out.

While I 100 percent agree we need another big, why would PC go anywhere? Unless we land a stud big man(not looking that way right now), PC is looking at playing 40 minutes a game(unless foul trouble). If he plays as well as he has lately, JB will stick with him. He’ll be a vet and have even more experience. It’d be tough for anyone to beat that out.

I don't necessarily think Chukwu will go anywhere, but it's possible. It's also possible that 40 mpg will wear on him and he could get hurt. We really need some depth. I hope he returns, and am happy to say that he has exceeded my expectations this year.

Yeah like not having a offer... like why what’s wrong with him.
Sometimes you have to put 2 and 2 together and understand if there is a 5 star player in our back yard and we aren’t “going after” him, there is a reason. The staff is surely aware of him, and they aren’t recruiting him. That tells me that he either let them know early on that he had zero interest or he has handlers that think that being in the Moses Brown sweepstakes requires a pay in.

So -- does anybody have a handle on any prospects out there we might be chasing? Other than the Majuk kid, who we seemed to pass on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom