We need to run Jerome Smith down Tulane's throat and here's why | Syracusefan.com

We need to run Jerome Smith down Tulane's throat and here's why

Jerome stayed this year. He could have gone. Time to make his stay worthwhile.

For whatever reason I'm thinking this is the game Morris officially makes his name known to the masses.

another reason to run smith is we will need him to have a chance to beat Clemson in 2 weeks

The line has to push the front 4 first or zone block better than they have so far this season.

Someone had a thread about transfers and how well they work out, well...we're about to see one that is starting for Tulane at qb.

Last edited:
We haven't run down the throat of anybody yet......we didnt even run well on Wagner early, understand your logic just not sure i agree

We didn't run on Wagner early because they were stacking the box, because with Allen at QB - we were not taking shots down field enough. Hunt comes in, running game gets better.

If they have undersized linebackers and secondary and you have Jerome? It's the right move to unleash the beast - with a few shots down the field.

Would be hilarious if they had Jaston George-sized LB's. Rome would get charged with multiple counts of manslaughter.

We didn't run on Wagner early because they were stacking the box, because with Allen at QB - we were not taking shots down field enough. Hunt comes in, running game gets better.

If they have undersized linebackers and secondary and you have Jerome? It's the right move to unleash the beast - with a few shots down the field.

They can cover well enough in the secondary, they will stack the box on Saturday.

Tulane will stack the box. Tulane wants you to throw. Safety Darion Monroe (#2) decommitted from Tex A&M to come to Tulane. BTW Nico Marley is a missile, # 20 is fun to watch! Could not believe he got the start until I saw him play. The article failed to mention he has a pick.
I hope we can compete.

We were able to run with Hunt because, he wasn't a stationary target for a pass rush giving receivers time to open. Stack eight in the box with that type of QB, and you will get burned, you miss the sack and a big play occurs. Hunt was also better at getting the ball out on quick slants.

We run more with Hunt in there. When Allen is in there, we come out firing and he's supposed to pick apart the defense like Nassib did. Not happening so we go with Hunt and the running game and an occasional pass to receivers who are more likely to get open. That's our strength.