We scored 28 legit on l'ville... | Syracusefan.com

We scored 28 legit on l'ville...

florange44

Scout Team
L'ville is not top 15, they are top 5. They will beat FSU today if they don't turn it over too much.

We scored 28 on them and were down 42-28 after 3. Our team has the ability to score against virtually anyone. We will score a lot in the remaining winnable games. Will we win? Not sure because the D is in trouble but even if we lose 52-45, we're still way ahead of where we have been for the last 10 years. Keep the faith, in Dino I trust. Go Orange!

Florange44

Agreed. As bad as we looked on defense from the beginning, the fact that we were only down two touchdowns for most of the game (in other words, still in the game) until midway 4th quarter was promising.

L'ville is not top 15, they are top 5. They will beat FSU today if they don't turn it over too much.

We scored 28 on them and were down 42-28 after 3. Our team has the ability to score against virtually anyone. We will score a lot in the remaining winnable games. Will we win? Not sure because the D is in trouble but even if we lose 52-45, we're still way ahead of where we have been for the last 10 years. Keep the faith, in Dino I trust. Go Orange!

Florange44

I'd call it a legit 31. In a normal game, we kick a FG on that one drive that we made it inside the 5.

Bad defense can be fixed quicker than bad offense.

Florange44

I agree with the Syracuse side of what you are saying. I respectfully disagree with Louisville upsetting FSU.

While Syracuse legitimately scored 28 (and should have been 35), this is only week two of a new offense with a new coach predominantly being run with underclassmen (size, experience, etc.). Take away the two gimme's to start the game and the whole game could end up differently. This is not to take away anything from Louisville, they earned the win and deserved the W in spite of their horrible human being HC Bobby Petrino (or is it Cheatrino? Can you say "Injury"?). Yet, they beat a team with a revamped offense and a revamped defense with lesser recruiting over the last several years, play this game in week 9 or 10 and Louisville may be lucky to walk away with a W or may even lose.

FSU has been top shelf the last several seasons and rightfully was labeled a pre-season contender. FSU has better recruits, better experience and better coaching than Louisville, and they don't have to fake injuries (cheating will always come back to bite the cheaters when they least expect it). Louisville is coming off of a two week high of spanking a very weak FCS team (maybe not as bad as Rutger but pretty bad) and a team with a new offense and defense. They are believing their own press. Worse yet, FSU has athletes that can contain, or at least limit LJ. While Syracuse players knew what to do but could not execute (size, speed) FSU has players that know what to do and can execute (size, speed).

This is just my take based on what I saw from our Orange. Again, if we played Louisville late in the season, the game would be very different and Louisville would be happy to walk away with a W instead of walking away arrogantly. My analysis is more to show where we are versus where we will be later his season than to show FSU over Louisville. I believe we are both greatly encouraged with the progress HCDB is bringing to our football team.

Bad defense can be fixed quicker than bad offense.

Another reason I am greatly encouraged with HCDB. With Cordy out, we may see HCDB move a receiver or two over to the other side of the ball and get more size in the backfield. (I will miss Cordy's electrifying attitude, though)

I may have to eat my words if FSU keeps playing the way they are playing now...

Florange44

You called. I eat my words.

Using that time tested and verified (in everyone's head only) method of transitive properties, we can beat FSU!

Louisville is the best team in the ACC right now.
Have to agree, they proved it on the field. Their game with Clemson is for all the marbles. Clemson seems to have worked out the kinks in its offense today. Could be a great game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom