We Won With Our C- Game Today... | Syracusefan.com

We Won With Our C- Game Today...

Ish88888

All American
On the road, in the rain, on letdown alert after a huge win last week. While it was frustrating at times, ED and the recievers have ONIONS along with the DLINE and LBS today. The false starts are ridiculous and we cant give up big plays on specials. All in all, a good day:) love Dino's demeanor on the sideline.

On the road, in the rain, on letdown alert after a huge win last week. While it was frustrating at times, ED and the recievers have ONIONS along with the DLINE and LBS today. The false starts are ridiculous and we cant give up big plays on specials. All in all, a good day:) love Dino's demeanor on the sideline.

Come to the light, Ish.

(Where's couscous at)

Not sure this was our C- game today. Probably our B to B+ game at this point in time. We've been crushed by teams better than us, beat a couple teams we should beat, had one great win - which most coaches do, and had a loss to WF who we should have beat. I know, we played WF in the middle of a Category 1 hurricane and their offense always had the ball when it was sunny, dry, and not windy.

Next year or the year after, this type of game will be our C- game but just because we had one great win last week doesn't all of a sudden make us a great team yet.

This was a trap game in the sense that a young team was bound to have a letdown after last week's emotional win and equally emotional aftermath.

Good teams win these kind of games ugly. Mediocre teams don't. I think we're a pretty good team right now. Just wish we had anyone but Clemson on the docket after the bye...

It was a C game overall I agree. Our mistake made this game close. I was never worried we were losing in the. 2nd half.

The D held an awful offense in check and Dino's offense moved the ball all game long. We were dominant throwing the ball.

Not sure this was our C- game today. Probably our B to B+ game at this point in time. We've been crushed by teams better than us, beat a couple teams we should beat, had one great win - which most coaches do, and had a loss to WF who we should have beat. I know, we played WF in the middle of a Category 1 hurricane and their offense always had the ball when it was sunny, dry, and not windy.

Next year or the year after, this type of game will be our C- game but just because we had one great win last week doesn't all of a sudden make us a great team yet.

Qdawg.

Cmon. Not most coaches here, in year 1.

The hurricane-lite game was not a good loss, but why people are failing to see it hurt us more and played to their strengths is baffling.

We're not a great team. We're not a bad team. We're improving.

Qdawg.

Cmon. Not most coaches here, in year 1.

The hurricane-lite game was not a good loss, but why people are failing to see it hurt us more and played to their strengths is baffling.

We're not a great team. We're not a bad team. We're improving.

I feel like you don't really read my posts. You assume they are negative without actually attempting to digest my point. I don't disagree with what you're saying and at the same time, I'm not wrong. This wasn't our C- game. This game is where we are at right now and that's okay. But it's not like we've played consistent all year and all of a sudden we had a brain fart.

I'm just pointing out this was pretty close to our normal performance and where we are at right now. It's not like we are a great team right now and played really poorly. We played poorly but have played poorly in areas all year.

* FG kicking - check
* No pass rush - check
* Lots of yards but not converting to scores - check
* Not protecting ED - check
* Lack of discipline at times/penalties - check (a little extreme today)
* No running game - check
* Terrible ST return game - check
* ST breakdowns on opponent returns - check
* Running up the middle but rarely running off-tackle or out wide - check
* Strickland as the main RB - check
* Very little passing in the middle - check
* OL that isn't sure how to block down field - check

DISCLAIMER - this sounds like piling on and it really isn't. We won a game we should have but it wasn't our C- game. It was where we are at right now. Could we have played better? Yes, have we shown the ability to do that yet? No.

We will though, the beauty is we can and I believe will, clean all of those things up and when we have games like this in the future it will really be our C- game.

Last edited:
I feel like you don't really read my posts. You assume they are negative without actually attempting to digest my point. I don't disagree with what you're saying and at the same time, I'm not wrong. This wasn't our C- game. This game is where we are at right now and that's okay. But it's not like we've played consistent all year and all of a sudden we had a brain fart.

I hear ya. I was more disagreeing with the smaller points within rather than the overall point.

Whatever - cheers, man. Let's just enjoy the win.

I hear ya. I was more disagreeing with the smaller points within rather than the overall point.

Whatever - cheers, man. Let's just enjoy the win.

I think we think the same thing at this point and just have different ways of expressing them, lol. I'm happy to be 4 - 4 and looking forward to the future.

Member when we beat Bc last year with 280 yards of offense and 80 yards passing? That was cute.
upload_2016-10-22_16-52-24.jpeg

"Member Diamond Ferri"
"Oh I remember"

I agree that this was not a C game - not when your QB throws for over 400 yards and two WRs gather in over 100 yards in receptions.

We made a lot of mistakes but we moved the ball against a very good defense and played pretty darn good defense.

I would rate it a B to B+ under the circumstances.

I'm just pointing out this was pretty close to our normal performance and where we are at right now. It's not like we are a great team right now and played really poorly. We played poorly but have played poorly in areas all year.

* FG kicking - check
* No pass rush - check
* Lots of yards but not converting to scores - check
* Not protecting ED - check
* Lack of discipline at times/penalties - check (a little extreme today)
* No running game - check
* Terrible ST return game - check
* ST breakdowns on opponent returns - check
* Running up the middle but rarely running off-tackle or out wide - check
* Strickland as the main RB - check
* Very little passing in the middle - check
* OL that isn't sure how to block down field - check

DISCLAIMER - this sounds like piling on and it really isn't. We won a game we should have but it wasn't our C- game. It was where we are at right now. Could we have played better? Yes, have we shown the ability to do that yet? No.

We will though, the beauty is we can and I believe will, clean all of those things up and when we have games like this in the future it will really be our C- game.
You left out a few biggies.

2 TOs is above average

15ish penalties is above average

7 non defensive points given up is above average

Given that that we we decidedly below average in the three pretty important phases of the game, I would venture that this was a C to B- Game at best.

IMHumbleO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom