We wore out Vt's defense | Syracusefan.com

We wore out Vt's defense

OrangeDW

Living Legend
We were breaking tackles and they had far less of a pass rush on that 17 play drive. Then we get the 3 and out and their D had to go right back on the field. On Stricklands TD run to put it away, he looked like Christian Okoye in Tecmo Super Bowl! They were gassed and he just ran right through them.

Nice to see us wear down and outlast a solid defense to the point that our offense completely dominated and put the game away for us down the stretch. I suspect this won't be the last time that happens.

We were breaking tackles and they had far less of a pass rush on that 17 play drive. Then we get the 3 and out and their D had to go right back on the field. On Stricklands TD run to put it away, he looked like Christian Okoye in Tecmo Super Bowl! They were gassed and he just ran right through them.

Nice to see us wear down and outlast a solid defense to the point that our offense completely dominated and put the game away for us down the stretch. I suspect this won't be the last time that happens.
Totally. It was the first time we looked like we had legs and the other team didn't. Love the pace. Hope dungey doesn't get killed...slide man!!!

The effect of HCDB's game plan of not allowing substitution shows what can happen even to w well disciplined and well trained Bud Foster defense.

At least VPI didn't play the "fake injury" game like a certain Cheatrino did.

This is the second straight game that Strickland has shown his strength in late game situations. He looks like he is running down hill in the fourth quarter.
I hope so. Did he have a carry in the first q?

This is the second straight game that Strickland has shown his strength in late game situations. He looks like he is running down hill in the fourth quarter.
Yeah, he powered his way in to the end zone, breaking tackles and pushing defenders to the side.

He's got quite the arm too!

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom