Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21

Watching Duke be physical with FSU, I think power teams like Michigan and Georgia would punish FSU.

Blowouts happen, but you need to win some of these games. The fact that we haven't beaten a decent team (ended the year with less than 5 losses) since 2018 says a lot. You can't have your best win in the last 5 years be over an 8-5 team and have all these blowouts.

Damn that's a crazy stat. It's college football crazy stuff happens all the time but not for us apparently.

UNC dropping that game is stunning. There's a lot of poor football being played across the country on a weekly basis but no one acts like it's happening. That's a loss where you fire someone to make a point.

Tonight's results are showing how inept we have been. I am seriously worried about getting 2 more wins. We have made NC and FSU look like the 72 Dolphins. Duke and lowly Virginia have shown otherwise. Every team we play seems to be on the upswing (even Pitt) while we are regressing.
I’m not , there is an ebb and flow, Dino was definitely trying to get ready for the closing stretch, I don’t agree with that approach but that’s what’s happening. I believe I posted that UNC wasn’t that good. We will go 3-2 and end up 7-5 is my guess .

We’re all watching other teams being competitive with the tougher teams in the ACC and what I’m afraid of is, Wildhack has zero clue. We can all see we’re not going anywhere but doesn’t matter what we think.
Dino has built up a lot of equity I’m afraid.

Win or lose, I'm impressed with Duke. Look legit against a good team on the road. How'd they do it? Portal? Coaching changes? Whatever they did...do it. Similar program to Syracuse record wise over the last 20 years, similar recruiting prowess, private school with tough academic standards. What was their blueprint?

I don’t think these refs will allow Duke to win if they have any say in it
Yupp gotta treat trying to make FSU happy even though they'll be SEC/B1G/independent in two years regardless. Pathetic

Win or lose, I'm impressed with Duke. Look legit against a good team on the road. How'd they do it? Portal? Coaching changes? Whatever they did...do it. Similar program to Syracuse record wise over the last 20 years, similar recruiting prowess, private school with tough academic standards. What was their blueprint?
Elko will be A&M or Miss St's coach next season. He has made himself so much money. Deserves it, too.

FWIW, we’re gonna win some games down the stretch. I think any talk of going 0-5 is totally insanity.

I agreed with this when I first read it and still agree with it to some degree. But then I remember how many times we can look like a legit team then by this time of the year, struggle to even get 3rd downs.

Probably but I think 5-0 is honestly more insane
We’re unlikely to go 5-0. But there were A LOT of people here preseason saying this was an 8 or 9 win team.

We use the tough academic standards a lot. I think we’re about eighth in the conference.

I agreed with this when I first read it and still agree with it to some degree. But then I remember how many times we can look like a legit team then by this time of the year, struggle to even get 3rd downs.
Seems clear that our primary goal the past 3 games was to not get anyone hurt. We’re heading into late October healthier than we’ve been in years.

If we collapse, against a soft-as-melted-butter schedule, that’s damning

Seems clear that our primary goal the past 3 games was to not get anyone hurt. We’re heading into late October healthier than we’ve been in years.

If we collapse, against a soft-as-melted-butter schedule, that’s damning

Every time I think it won’t happen, I feel like I’m watching a team I don’t know.

We’re unlikely to go 5-0. But there were A LOT of people here preseason saying this was an 8 or 9 win team.
Yep, so we’d have to go 4-1. I think it would be an enormous ask. Again, over under is currently 6.5

I think 2-3 is most likely. Hopefully 3-2

Analytics are just probabilities. Coaches can be just as dumb blindly following them as ignoring them.
IMG_4475.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom