Welcome to Orange Nation, Frank Howard! | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to Orange Nation, Frank Howard!

What I loved seeing most from that article:

Howard's skills as a passer and floor general would allow him to excel at the point.

The distinction is important because Howard will provide insurance at point guard for next year's freshman Kaleb Joseph, the likely successor to the departing Tyler Ennis. The Orange has lost underclassmen point guards to the NBA Draft in each of the last two seasons. Howard compared his game earlier Monday to Penny Hardaway, the 6-foot-7 former NBA point guard.

What I loved seeing most from that article:

Howard's skills as a passer and floor general would allow him to excel at the point.

The distinction is important because Howard will provide insurance at point guard for next year's freshman Kaleb Joseph, the likely successor to the departing Tyler Ennis. The Orange has lost underclassmen point guards to the NBA Draft in each of the last two seasons. Howard compared his game earlier Monday to Penny Hardaway, the 6-foot-7 former NBA point guard.
Just so long as we're not talking about Little Penny.

hqdefault.jpg

Great news, I can't wait to see us running the break again!

I am excited to have this kid. He looks smooth as silk and he makes great on court decisions. It will be interesting to see if he starts to play above the rim as he recovers from his surgery.

The Zone will be long & lean in the backcourt with Malachi, Frank, & G !!! Not to mention that BJ is a swing kid who might also get some run @ 2g.

Best line from the article:

"His sophomore year, he made a lot of unofficial visits. And being injured allowed him to sit back and dive into it," Farello said of the recruiting process.

Sit back... and dive into it. Sit back... and... it's playing over and over in my head like a Möbius strip of logical contradiction.

Best part of the article:

"Basically, just the family environment," Howard said. "I wanted to [see] a little campus life around the basketball program, a very strong fan base and basically somewhere I'd want to be for four years."

Let's just hope that actually happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom