Well after losing this game, we need | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well after losing this game, we need

Looking forward to football already. We need four in a row for a chance now. Just don’t see any chance of that this year. They aren’t a tournament team. If they were then we beat the Bonnie’s, ND, etc.

Looking forward to football already. We need four in a row for a chance now. Just don’t see any chance of that this year. They aren’t a tournament team. If they were then we beat the Bonnie’s, ND, etc.
Not saying you're necessarily wrong about being a tourney team - but the "need 4 in a row just to have a chance" take is incorrect

Not saying you're necessarily wrong about being a tourney team - but the "need 4 in a row just to have a chance" take is incorrect

You think three gives a chance? I suppose, but the first ACCT game isn’t gonna be much of a worthwhile win.

You think three gives a chance? I suppose, but the first ACCT game isn’t gonna be much of a worthwhile win.
it's pretty much moot to talk about - but 3 would give us a decent chance (as jncuse stated above, at least 50%) - so much depends on the other bleh bubble teams and conf tourney bid stealers

This thread makes me feel like this whole board went into the season thinking we’d be a 2 seed.

Or maybe it’s because I live in a legalized state, and I’m a little more relaxed than others.
There are legal, relaxing, options available everywhere...

This thread is pointless. I'll pay everyone on this board $10 apiece if we win the ACC tournament.

I accept your proposition. I will also collect if/when it is due. Thanks you, good sir.

I accept your proposition. I will also collect if/when it is due. Thanks you, good sir.

You have a better chance of us breaking 4 points five minutes in against Clemson. Neither is going to happen. Bank it.

You have a better chance of us breaking 4 points five minutes in against Clemson. Neither is going to happen. Bank it.

Then you're good with adding the $10 proposition as well? I'm up for it. I can see it happening.

This thread makes me feel like this whole board went into the season thinking we’d be a 2 seed.

Or maybe it’s because I live in a legalized state, and I’m a little more relaxed than others.

Not sure if you remember from my visit to your swank rooftop pool in New Orleans, but I think I po'd a couple people by asking if we had a basketball team this year.

I wasn't alone in that bleak view. All things considered, I think this team has achieved more than many of us would have thought.

I look forward to football just because I look forward to football. Hope to see you at a game this year.

Not sure if you remember from my visit to your swank rooftop pool in New Orleans, but I think I po'd a couple people by asking if we had a basketball team this year.

I wasn't alone in that bleak view. All things considered, I think this team has achieved more than many of us would have thought.

I look forward to football just because I look forward to football. Hope to see you at a game this year.

I remember meeting you both! I’m as optimistic as they come, but real is real lol.

I plan to be in NYC for the hoops and ND football game. Hope to bump into ya!

I remember meeting you both! I’m as optimistic as they come, but real is real lol.

I plan to be in NYC for the hoops and ND football game. Hope to bump into ya!

Perhaps literally.

I look forward to that. A rare meld of the two programs in one great place!

0% chance we get in winning only next 3

You are wrong. But we will not have a chance to actually find out.

but they somehow could against the Miami, lvlle, and VaTech scrubs

No Bowen for Miami. We sort of still lived on the perimeter against Miami. VTech is bad defensively. Snider and that white kid on Louisville are not good. Really slow. BC isn’t great defensively but Bowman is a physical guy Frank couldn’t do anything with dribble-wise.

How long are people going to keep bringing that up? Who cares? They're in the NIT for the second year in a row.
Because people lie. Stick to the facts and bitch about the past two years.

When people complain that a Final Four year isn’t good enough then I call them out on it.

Because people lie. Stick to the facts and bitch about the past two years.

When people complain that a Final Four year isn’t good enough then I call them out on it.

I just don't understand this line of thinking. The Final Four aspect (OK, if we're picking nits, the Midwest Regional Champs aspect, since that Final Four game was pretty flat) was very fun.

How about the bad offense all year long? Getting drubbed by St. John's at the Garden? An ugly home overtime loss to Wisconsin? Losing about half of the ACC games to a bunch of anonymous also-rans? And that wacky dud against Pitt in the tournament where the senior guard spazzed and heaved up a 35-footer with four seconds left in the game and about 99% of the fans thought the season was over?

Final Fours are terrific. There's more to a basketball season -- and enjoyment of the season -- than that. That full season had some highlights and a lot more low moments than Syracuse is accustomed to. No one was having a fun Final Four year in December 2015 or January 2016 or February 2016. It's dishonest to suggest otherwise and it doesn't do anything positive for the tenor of the board to throw around "people lie" accusations about their perception of these seasons.

I just don't understand this line of thinking. The Final Four aspect (OK, if we're picking nits, the Midwest Regional Champs aspect, since that Final Four game was pretty flat) was very fun.

How about the bad offense all year long? Getting drubbed by St. John's at the Garden? An ugly home overtime loss to Wisconsin? Losing about half of the ACC games to a bunch of anonymous also-rans? And that wacky dud against Pitt in the tournament where the senior guard spazzed and heaved up a 35-footer with four seconds left in the game and about 99% of the fans thought the season was over?

Final Fours are terrific. There's more to a basketball season -- and enjoyment of the season -- than that. That full season had some highlights and a lot more low moments than Syracuse is accustomed to. No one was having a fun Final Four year in December 2015 or January 2016 or February 2016. It's dishonest to suggest otherwise and it doesn't do anything positive for the tenor of the board to throw around "people lie" accusations about their perception of these seasons.

We also won in Atlantis and beat UConn there. People act like we were a 12 seed mid-major. I get being frustrated about losing games, but then people make excuses that MSU lost. If we were MSU and lost to a mid major in the first round as a 2 seed people would have freaked the eph out.

I say all this being completely tired of the garbage I've seen the past 2 years and don't want to keep JB if he can't turn it around next year.

We also won in Atlantis and beat UConn there. People act like we were a 12 seed mid-major. I get being frustrated about losing games, but then people make excuses that MSU lost. If we were MSU and lost to a mid major in the first round as a 2 seed people would have freaked the eph out.

I say all this being completely tired of the garbage I've seen the past 2 years and don't want to keep JB if he can't turn it around next year.

Maybe I'm a little more moderate than some - I'm not rushing Boeheim out the door and I'm also not making silly MSU excuses. To be honest, every ACC season has started to run together in my memory. For 2016, I remember the Chicago run, plus the lows I mentioned, along with TAMU/UConn over Thanksgiving and the Excellent Roberson Duke Game. Other than that, it's a vague blur of mediocre offense and overly-physical play against Clemsons and VPIs.

So, yeah, there were some nice moments. But at no point did any fan think 'wow, this is so fun, could be a Final Four year!' until we were smiling and shaking our heads after the UVa upset. Because of that, I think it's flat-out disingenuous for these people to try to dismiss complaints about another 13- or 14-loss season with "FINAL FOUR" and get salty about it. Boeheim's treated everybody to .740 basketball for 40+ years. When he falls far below that standard (especially for a long period), fans get impatient and disappointed. That's expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom