Well it's over | Syracusefan.com

Well it's over

SWC75

Bored Historian
The third best team in the AAC beat the second best team in the SEC for the national championship. Connecticut was ranked #18/19 in the last poll and Kentucky was #22 and unranked. There are a lot of good teams out there and the one that plays the best at the right time wins. The question of which is the best team remains elusive but at least there's no doubt as to which is the champion.

Title says it all. This basketball season is officially over. THANK GOD.

The third best team in the AAC beat the second best team in the SEC for the national championship. Connecticut was ranked #18/19 in the last poll and Kentucky was #22 and unranked. There are a lot of good teams out there and the one that plays the best at the right time wins. The question of which is the best team remains elusive but at least there's no doubt as to which is the champion.

Looking forward to both the 2014-15 season as well as your insight into next year's squad. Thank you for your posts this season. As always, pure class and basketball IQ. Well done, sir.

The tournament is such a polarizing event. It's a complete crap shoot and the best team hardly ever wins. But that's exactly what makes it awesome.

Looking forward to both the 2014-15 season as well as your insight into next year's squad. Thank you for your posts this season. As always, pure class and basketball IQ. Well done, sir.

Thanks. let's not fast forward thought life. Enjoy the spring and summer, (if it ever gets here). Then it will be time for games to really matter to us again.

Thanks. let's not fast forward thought life. Enjoy the spring and summer, (if it ever gets here). Then it will be time for games to really matter to us again.

I'm a die-hard Syracuse lacrosse fan, perhaps more than the Syracuse big 2, Yankees, Rangers, Giants, Knicks, Manchester United, USA Soccer. I never rush a sports season. Your posts, however, I always read and look forward to on this board. Prior to this season I rarely posted, mostly lurked since the other board around summer of 2005. I'll be looking forward to your "Upside/Downside" posts and analysis of the JB radio program, as well as various insight. I'll enjoy the spring and summer, but I always love life a little extra come autumn...

25-0 feels like years ago. Complete collapse to end the year, including some of the ugliest and most boring hoops in SU history, losing Ennis and likely Grant and 14/15 now looking like rebuilding year. When will the suffering end.

SWC75 said:
I guess our problem is not with Connecticut. our problem is with us.

It's Jealousy plain and simple! Why do people dislike them so much? Because the have better teams and have won 3 more titles than we have?

AJDavCuse said:
25-0 feels like years ago. Complete collapse to end the year, including some of the ugliest and most boring hoops in SU history, losing Ennis and likely Grant and 14/15 now looking like rebuilding year. When will the suffering end.

Not sure how long you have been following SU but a great start and a late season collapse has been a staple for this program since the 80's. hang in there, next year we will start off with a 15-1 record and all will be forgotten.

I couldnt watch any more bball after SU lost .. only watched a snippet of last nights game .. I was so disappointed with our meltdown ... oh well ON TO FOOTBALL season .. go Orangemen

I'm a die-hard Syracuse lacrosse fan, perhaps more than the Syracuse big 2, Yankees, Rangers, Giants, Knicks, Manchester United, USA Soccer. I never rush a sports season. Your posts, however, I always read and look forward to on this board. Prior to this season I rarely posted, mostly lurked since the other board around summer of 2005. I'll be looking forward to your "Upside/Downside" posts and analysis of the JB radio program, as well as various insight. I'll enjoy the spring and summer, but I always love life a little extra come autumn...

You might like this serie form the "Other Sports" board:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/runs-and-bases-the-1870s.73572/

http://syracusefan.com/threads/runs-and-bases-the-1870s-part-2.73874/

The tournament is such a polarizing event. It's a complete crap shoot and the best team hardly ever wins. But that's exactly what makes it awesome.

I would argue that in 2013, 12, 09, 08, 07, 05, 04, 02, 01, 00, and 99 the best team won the national championship.

All those teams were number one seeds, except for 04, where you had two teams from releatively weak conferences rack up gaudy records.

Best post of the night.

'The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.' - Cassius to Brutus in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom