We're really going to miss CJ's offensive capabilities next year | Syracusefan.com

We're really going to miss CJ's offensive capabilities next year

RF2044

Living Legend
Not that he's a transcendent talent [he's not], but having a senior who's been a major PT four year contributor, who is so poised and doesn't wilt under pressure is a tremendous luxury to have.

His machine-like efficiency has dropped off a bit this year, but he's been clutch all season long. And as a complimentary shooter who can both knock down threes and is deadly from mid-range, he's a near perfect collegiate 3. Sure, he has a few limitations, but at this stage of his developmental curve he's as effective as any forward in college basketball. And that's no exaggeration.

We're going to miss having a player like him who can take--and make--shots from anywhere on the floor next season.

Need to enjoy him while we can--kid is a great program / four-year "star."

Last edited:
Not that he's a transcendent talent [he's not], but having a senior who's been a major PT four year contributor, who is so poised and doesn't wilt under pressure is a tremendous luxury to have.

His machine-like efficiency has dropped off a bit this year, but he's been clutch all season long. And as a complimentary shooter, he's a perfect collegiate 3.

We're going to miss having a player like him who can take--and make--shots from anywhere on the floor next season.

True, but we have made it to the point in our program where we no longer rebuild. We just reload.

He's been the most consistent player all four years he's been on the team. He's easily one of my favorite players I've gotten to watch in an Orange uniform. Dude is a baller. I really am gonna miss him, gonna miss Keita as well.

He's been the most consistent player all four years he's been on the team. He's easily one of my favorite players I've gotten to watch in an Orange uniform. Dude is a baller. I really am gonna miss him, gonna miss Keita as well.

Agreed. This team has great senior leadership.

Agreed. This team has great senior leadership.
It really does. Also, we have great leadership from the other players as well. Ennis and Cooney have shown a lot this year. They complement eachother so well. And you can tell guys like G on the bench are all for the team as well. Great leadership, great chemistry, great group of guys.

Call me spoiled but I expect Roberson/McCullough/BJ to kill it next year should Grant follow CJ to the NBA.

Call me spoiled but I expect Roberson/McCullough/BJ to kill it next year should Grant follow CJ to the NBA.

Obviously, I hope you are right. I just don't know--CJ is an all-american caliber performer, scorer, and shooter. That's not easy to replace.

And I love the potential of Roberson / BJ / McCullough.

24 - 0 is definitely something we should enjoy, because if Ennis and Grant leave we will be a team that will certainly struggle early.

His machine-like efficiency has dropped off a bit this year, but he's been clutch all season long. And as a complimentary shooter who can both knock down threes and is deadly from mid-range, he's a near perfect collegiate 3. Sure, he has a few limitations, but at this stage of his developmental curve he's as effective as any forward in college basketball. And that's no exaggeration.

Great post, love CJ

I love the kid, but for a senior, his ballhandling is attricious. That alone is the only thing that NBA scouts are frowning upon.

Big drop-off from CJ to whoever plays SF next season. CJ can play on the perimeter, has the mid-range game, can drive and score, solid on defense.

McCullough is suited for Grant's role.

Roberson, BJ or Mike G will have to grow up fast in the off-season.

This is a great post. I agree with every word. CJ Fair is literally my favorite Orangeman of all-time. He's not the best player we've ever had, just my favorite. Thank God he came back to school this year.

Very worthwhile post. I'm definitely guilty of taking him for granted at times.
We all do. He gets the job done so quietly...Obviously Ennis's shot was huge, but we shouldn't discount CJ's corner 3. It kept us in the game. He's been keeping us in the games all season long.

Somebody will step up. We've become plug and play.

I really think Grant becomes that guy. And if some reason his father pushed him to stay, by his Senior year, he will be even better than CJ.

Somebody will step up. We've become plug and play.

It has been a great run -- and don't get spoiled. The current team has great individual pieces, and special chemistry.

we say this every year about a player or group of players . . . but the train just keeps a-rollin'

who knows how it will happen, but would anyone really be surprised if Cooney becomes the scoring leader & first team all ACC, Roc has a Rick Jackson-like senior year, Roberson makes a typical Sophomore Leap and McCullough is the next freshman phenom?

we say this every year about a player or group of players . . . but the train just keeps a-rollin'

who knows how it will happen, but would anyone really be surprised if Cooney becomes the scoring leader & first team all ACC, Roc has a Rick Jackson-like senior year, Roberson makes a typical Sophomore Leap and McCullough is the next freshman phenom?

Any one of those things is possible (probable, even). All of them is pretty unlikely.

But I agree the train keeps rollin.

WilmingtonCuse said:
Don't post much, but I think BJ is going to be a major factor next year.

Don't see any minutes for him next year either honestly.

I'm sure he's an extremely capable player and will be good down the road but with McCullough, Roberson, and Gbinije ahead of him "not even factoring if Grant comes back" there's really no minutes to be had for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom