Wes Johnson's 12 year-old nephew | Syracusefan.com

Wes Johnson's 12 year-old nephew

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Sang the national anthem before the game. Lord love a duck, was that kid great! Now, normally I'm not a big national anthem person. Sorry. But you had to love this pre-teen giving it his heart and his soul, giving it his ALL. His voice was velvet. Or maybe it was more like butter. Silk? He hit the highs and the lows and his gestures and movements had everyone in the Dome mesmerized. When he finished, he got one of the best ovations I have heard for a national anthem singer.

I can't wait to hear what Tomcat thought!

We now have video! I tried to add this to the thread title, but couldn't figure out how to do it. If anyone wants to help, feel free!

Last edited:
Wes Johnson's nephew, 12-year-old Caleb Carroll, sang National Anthem on Opening Night (PS: Ditota)

16343427-mmmain.jpg

Sang the national anthem before the game. Lord love a duck, was that kid great! Now, normally I'm not a big national anthem person. Sorry. But you had to love this pre-teen giving it his heart and his soul, giving it his ALL. His voice was velvet. Or maybe it was more like butter. Silk? He hit the highs and the lows and his gestures and movements had everyone in the Dome mesmerized. When he finished, he got one of the best ovations I have heard for a national anthem singer.

I can't wait to hear what Tomcat thought!

Gave me shivers. Shoulda had him at the World Series!

just surprised that he stayed to finish the last stanza...

(i keed i keed ) kid sounded great.

Linda, where did you find that? I love it! The video did not do the crowd's response justice. When he walks off and then turns towards the camera and smiles, that is Wes' face! I want to copy it and send to people but am not sure I can. Is there a link?

Thank you!

Linda, where did you find that? I love it! The video did not do the crowd's response justice. When he walks off and then turns towards the camera and smiles, that is Wes' face! I want to copy it and send to people but am not sure I can. Is there a link?

Thank you!
Beadle,

Here's a link to his YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK1jdcHqGDwiC0GsH-CqH4w

His performance last night is the top video within his page.

Two things about that video. The comment about Motown (lol) and the coincidence of walking by Matt Park when somone said "He hit that out of the park."

Kid was awesome!