West lot parking | Syracusefan.com

West lot parking

cuseguy

Living Legend
Maybe it's already been posted. Maybe I missed it.

But doesn't appear the new lot up from Fine is open yet, according to the season ticket parking map.

Just a blank white space.

Kinda surprised I'm the first to make mention of this.

Also, first time, I believe, the season ticket packet doesn't include a full-sized page parking map. They seem to be trying to underplay the parking situation. The only map is on the back of each parking pass, and it's so small you need a magnifying glass to read it.

Appears we're in Fine (now called West) for another year.

I think the new lot may be for student parking only ... freeing up space in Fine for gameday parking.

West is a combination of both Fine and Standart. They will fill one lot first before directing cars into the second lot.

Will they fill Standart first because it's farthest away? Will they fill Fine first because it's smallest?

Will people who get there 4 hours early get a choice?

Interesting times. Glad that Wagner is the first game.

It's still used for construction staging; I'm surprised it's not graded and cleared out yet. Maybe by Clemson?

Has construction started in the standardt lot yet? We're going to lose half that lot once it does. Thought the new lot was to make up for the space they were losing in the Standart lot.

I think the new lot may be for student parking only ... freeing up space in Fine for gameday parking.

West is a combination of both Fine and Standart. They will fill one lot first before directing cars into the second lot.

Will they fill Standart first because it's farthest away? Will they fill Fine first because it's smallest?

Will people who get there 4 hours early get a choice?

Interesting times. Glad that Wagner is the first game.

These are really great questions, I dont anticipate it being an issue but I really hope they dont try to force you to park in Standart or something like that when there is still room at Fine, if they do it will not end well. I anticipate they may try to fill Fine first, could be an issue for those that come late.

Maybe it's already been posted. Maybe I missed it.

But doesn't appear the new lot up from Fine is open yet, according to the season ticket parking map.

Just a blank white space.

Kinda surprised I'm the first to make mention of this.

Also, first time, I believe, the season ticket packet doesn't include a full-sized page parking map. They seem to be trying to underplay the parking situation. The only map is on the back of each parking pass, and it's so small you need a magnifying glass to read it.

Appears we're in Fine (now called West) for another year.

Syracuse trying to downplay something that might affect the fans, I dont believe it....Oh Lord

These are really great questions, I dont anticipate it being an issue but I really hope they dont try to force you to park in Standart or something like that when there is still room at Fine, if they do it will not end well. I anticipate they may try to fill Fine first, could be an issue for those that come late.

I am okay with doing whatever the Fine Lot folks want to do, but I will say that the part of the Standart Lot that is farthest east, next to the Sadler student lot, is significantly closer to the Dome and the walk is significantly flatter (i.e. not as much uphill). Further, that area of the Standart Lot is quite a bit flatter than the Fine Lot, which would make it easier to set up tables, grills, canopies, etc.

I am not sure it will still be open for parking all season and I assume the competition for the area closest to the Dome (where the black dot is) is strong, but there are some good reasons for looking closely at Standart (and later at whatever they call the new lot directly east of the Fine Lot; Standart II?).

generate.php

I am okay with doing whatever the Fine Lot folks want to do, but I will say that the part of the Standart Lot that is farthest east, next to the Sadler student lot, is significantly closer to the Dome and the walk is significantly flatter (i.e. not as much uphill). Further, that area of the Standart Lot is quite a bit flatter than the Fine Lot, which would make it easier to set up tables, grills, canopies, etc.

I am not sure it will still be open for parking all season and I assume the competition for the area closest to the Dome (where the black dot is) is strong, but there are some good reasons for looking closely at Standart (and later at whatever they call the new lot directly east of the Fine Lot; Standart II?).

generate.php

Tom good points but I believe that part of Standart is going to be going away under the new construction of the ESF building. I could be wrong, maybe Ottomets can correct me as I believe he has inside knowledge of the parking situation and future plans. You also mentioned the new lot, I think you called it Standart 2? I dont believe that lot is available for tailgating or parking purposes at this time, as Cuseguy noted its not listed on the parking map and I dont believe they have issued passes for that lot.

Unless we get some clarity from our Fuhrer Txan Mark I think the plan is to roll with the back area of the Fine (what we did for the last few home games last year). I have no issue going to Standart but at this point we have an in with the Fine lot attendance guy and it seems Standarts pending construction is likely to make that spot more of a hassle then Fine currently is.

New lot won't be ready for football season, and possibly not even for basketball. Fine and Standart will all get "West" lot tags, I am told and routed based on capacity.

Tom good points but I believe that part of Standart is going to be going away under the new construction of the ESF building. I could be wrong, maybe Ottomets can correct me as I believe he has inside knowledge of the parking situation and future plans. You also mentioned the new lot, I think you called it Standart 2? I dont believe that lot is available for tailgating or parking purposes at this time, as Cuseguy noted its not listed on the parking map and I dont believe they have issued passes for that lot.

Unless we get some clarity from our Fuhrer Txan Mark I think the plan is to roll with the back area of the Fine (what we did for the last few home games last year). I have no issue going to Standart but at this point we have an in with the Fine lot attendance guy and it seems Standarts pending construction is likely to make that spot more of a hassle then Fine currently is.

Can't correct anything you've added, Jeremy. Surprised the construction activity on the new lot is taking so long, but we'll see if it wraps up soon.

Just got my Stadium Lot parking pass - first time parking there. Anyone know the tailgate situation there?

Just got my Stadium Lot parking pass - first time parking there. Anyone know the tailgate situation there?

Stadium is a great lot. The wind is much reduced with the grad student apartments (at Henry Lot) blocking the west wind now. The Lot is cleaner and better paved than Fine. Plus you don't have to deal with a few bratty, entitled grad students who park in the Fine lot. Stadium is IMHO the best lot in stadium west and closest to the Dome. As for tailgates there seems to be quite a few going on. Consider yourself lucky.

As for the Fine Mess. Our best course of action right now I feel is to stay put but let's investigate Standart. Standart eventually will get the west half of the lot chopped off and given to ESF. If everyone's passes are marked West we do have flexibility to move. I'll probably get one or two guys together on Labor Day Monday to head down to the lots and check out the scene. We'll make a decision after the site survey.

No sign of construction in the near future at Standart; lot is full of cars. The new lot (the block north of there) is only partially cleared and graded. It's filled with dozens of contractor vehicles, a trailer, and construction materials; with the law building two-thirds wrapped and masonry work moving pretty quickly, this will probably clear out in coming months. And with no construction on Saturdays, perhaps SU would consider football parking on the lot? Either way, Standart should remain fully open for a few months.

Not sure about the expansion of Stadium West. The city gave permission to expand it by 36 spaces was granted by the city on 22 April and SU emptied the two apartment houses to be demolished on 31 May. But the houses are still there, vacant, and the lot hasn't been expanded. So that's weird. No word on the reason for the delay.

Anyway, the parking situation looks identical to last year, only with less construction mess.

Otto what street are the two houses on to be demolished to create 36 more spaces?

Otto what street are the two houses on to be demolished to create 36 more spaces?

I think the addresses are Stadium and Henry, but they're both on Van Buren (the block west of the VA garage).

Totally in the dark as to why they're not gone. SU was in a rush to get tenants out of there; law students studying for the bar weren't able to re-up for June and July. They wanted the lot expanded ASAP. Asbestos abatement problems?

I think the addresses are Stadium and Henry, but they're both on Van Buren (the block west of the VA garage).

Totally in the dark as to why they're not gone. SU was in a rush to get tenants out of there; law students studying for the bar weren't able to re-up for June and July. They wanted the lot expanded ASAP. Asbestos abatement problems?

Must be something major because SU cleared those other two houses across from Fine right away.

Must be something major because SU cleared those other two houses across from Fine right away.

The house with my favorite sign on it, "Hippies Enter In the Back" is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom